LOG 001

TERMINAL: ONLINE

USER: Intern Researcher Teimea of the B.H Supernova spacestation.

DRONE: Full Responsiveness. Ready for Launch by Admin Spacyn. Unread Messages.

MESSAGES:

I just don't understand why they don't launch.

You're always talking about protocol. Is it that surprising?

It's a little weird, Neo.

...

Oh no, the dots they're closing in

Oops and they're gone

We can talk more once I'm off my shift

You won't believe the facilities they have, by the way

There's a lot of them

(UNREAD MESSAGE)

Just don't lick anything.

L O G:

We're several units off the boundary of the Ushavex Nebula. Somewhere inside the D.S Butterfly's flight recorder tells the story of what happened. Many Anomalous Researchers went missing along with the working population within the thousands. Hypotheses state that the natural field of the nebula wouldn't cause so much anomalous interference between us and their last cosmomarker.

I mean, the only way to know for sure is to find that first.

Trouble is, the last cosmomarker is where we landed, and they found no signs of the D.S Butterfly — or that it had ever come to the nearby exoplanet in the first place. It's possible they left some sort of data on the planet's surface as a failsafe.

And then... there's the B.H Supernova Mission Statement — retrieve the D.S Butterfly's black box full of their research on temporal anomalies. I didn't hear any questions asked about the people on the missing space station. There's more to this on the surface than it seems. I get overwhelmed just from thinking about the endless possibilities. Here I am, avoiding the fact that I am ten ticks late for my training session and swinging in my chair talking to myself.

Because, you know, classic mad scientist stuff — now those movies I can enjoy.

Because, and I will fight Nova on this even though she could snap me, ghosts aren't real.

Although I've never really heard about mad scientists evilly cackling in a laboratory with a bunch of electrobobs going off in the background. Or seen one.

This was Nova's idea anyway. 'It'll help you keep track of things,' she said. I am very good at keeping track of anomalous things, keeping track of myself?

That's a lot harder than she realizes.

But, I'll try. Maybe logging down my thoughts will help direct my focus better. Get all the white noise out between my ears so I can hear myself think clearly. Already, I feel kind of lighter having done it.

Signing off, Neo Teimea

TERMINAL: OFFLINE