5 (REVISED)

"Aren't you glad I'm around?"

Neo hummed right beside her ear as he swung a closed capsule full of whatever 'punch' he swiped from the party on the main level of their dorm tower. His fingers clasped her shoulder as they half-walked, half waddled their way back to their dorm with all the grace of a pair of somewhat drunk penguins — not that she was drunk at all. Neo put up an impressive, but no less tipsy front as he stretched his fingers out and pressed his head against hers.

"I mean you didn't have to come down," he pointed out and tapped the body of the capsule against her chin, and she raised a hand to push it out of her face. "I think you wanted to entertain yourself with everyone acting—"

"Out of their minds — or in your case, out of your mind and off the walls?" Nova adjusted his arm around her neck. "Yes, it's hilarious. I watched Ty try a complicated dance maneuver and fall flat on his face — I guess that was enough for one party though. Come on." Music continued to sound throughout the sleek, straightforward halls. "I don't know what was more hilarious. Ty's dancing," she said with added air quotes as they came closer to their door, as she struggled to call Ty's flailing as dancing, "Or you not knowing your way around being flirted with. I heard the way Caera was trying to make the moves on you." Nova snorted.

Neo hummed again and swayed. "What?"

"Thank you for proving my point," Nova said with a scoff and nudged him into their dorm. "I didn't want you to party too hard. We have to get ready to leave for the transports tomorrow." She counted the seconds and her steps as she slipped her ID pod into the power slot.

"Caera was drunk," he answered, late to the conversation. "She wasn't flirting with me."

Nova tipped her head back in the weight of disbelief, where it rested against his arm. "Neo, she had her hands all over you. You can't be that oblivious." Nova motioned her hands up and down, and he squirmed though she didn't touch him. "She also said, and I quote, 'have you ever kissed anyone, Neo?' to which you answered, 'is that the thing where people squish faces?' and she laughed like it was the funniest thing she had ever heard even though I know you were being completely serious. It wasn't even that funny. I've heard you make better quips... maybe you are that oblivious."

Neo gripped onto her as if a sudden thought of terror slammed the brakes in his mind. "That reminds me of the time I found Mira kissing her girlfriend in the backshed, and when I stumbled on them, she chased me around the property and tried to kill me."

Neo followed the train of thought until it went off the rails. "Neo, didn't you also goad her into chasing you? Am I remembering the story correctly?"

"Yes — my point being," he drawled. "Caera wasn't flirting with me." He tapped her nose with a lopsided smile. "I know I'm no master at flirting but I like to think I observe enough that I know the absolute basics of it." He raised both fingers in punctuation. Nova sat him down on the couch and took the punch capsule from him before he got too excited when he needed sleep and without the added headache of the morning.

Back at his side as he brushed his finger against the flat remote, she scoffed. "I've got to hear this. Hit me with your best moves, Teimea."

Neo went wide-eyed. "I don't want to hit you."

"You know what I meant." Nova bumped his shoulder and grinned at him. "Come on, I want to hear it before we have to get up early tomorrow and head for the transports."

Neo brushed his chin with the tip of his fingers with a wry grin. His brow furrowed in deep thought as he tilted his face away from her. Nova sat against the arm of the couch. He's got to think about it? Her fingers dug into the seating when he turned back to her. He leaned closer, resting his arm across the back of the couch with what he must've thought was a winning smile. "So..." he drew out and sucked in his cheeks. "Come here often?"