HAZEN NOX FREITSCHEID

Episode 2 | His POV

Days that I've been dazed trying to compile every single information I got in this male character's body.

My name in this current life is Hazen Nox Freitscheid, the only son of his Duke Ramesis Garrin Freitscheid and Duchess Cecilia Sarinna Freitscheid, one of the respectable family in the empire of Zoryl second to the emperial family.

The reason I knew the title of the otome game I got reborn with.

Hazen in the game, was only a cannon extra, few scenes but had helped the villainess to trumple the capture targets.

He was well respected because of his family's reputation and status, despite that he was anti social and chooses to live behind the shadows rather to be in the limelight.

The only reason why he helped the villainess was due to sympathy and maybe because he got a slight crush on her.

Nonetheless in his route, he was banished by the crown prince and had his family exiled in the empire leaving the villainess to die on her own, although he tried to save her but was prevented.

I actually like his route because I hope that he would finally helped my villainess.

Either way, I was greatly relieved upon knowing I got reborn as him, even with the gender bending I don't mind at all!.

This is good for a change, and for Hazen I mean I, to become a boy I'd say he's not that bad.

The only thing I'm missing is my Nana, I wonder how's she's coping now that I'm gone.

I really missed her, so so much. I just hope she'll continue living even if I'm not there anymore.

"Young master Hazen, the Duke has called for you"

Ah, I see.

Its been a while since I've lived in this new world I call 'home', nobility does differ from that of a modern era, strict and follows the rule of proper etiquettes and status. I, for a young master who has a very good family background didn't escape from this.

As I recalled, I was reborn in this otome game when 'Hazen' accidentally caught a high fever not knowing I have entered his body, probably because the 'Hazen' couldn't endure the painstakingly ailment.

The only thing that made me hesitate at that time was the words he said as if he knew I was going to be the one to maneuver his body.

"Take care of her this time" was the last phrase he murmured before vanishing and voila! Here I am.

It was a month ago when it happened.

I was a young master now, very well respected, a known genius and an inapproachable  person, though ladies have quite the thick skin to shamelessly flirt with the 'me' now. How quite embarrasing to witness, although I was a girl in my previous life but some modern girls and these some noble girls are similar and it was troublesome when you are known to be a gentleman as well.

However in this second life I have many responsibilities and duties to comply, enough that it made me realize just how tiring it was to be a boy with an respectable, influential family.

I like the game but that doesn't mean I like the heirarchy made by these developers as well!

"I see, Let's go" I told the servant and paused from my sword practice.

Duke Ramesis in the game was the second brother of his Emperor Rousell, the father of the male lead and the current emperor of the empire Zoryl.

Both born in a different mother but had grown to become close and well understanding with each other. Having a compassionate  and well maintained relationship the two of them had no major fights between the throne and let the eldest ascend while the other supported.

Duke Ramesis was a great man himself, having lead the army through battles countless times and bought the empire into victory had made him a very good role model in the eyes of the civilians in the empire of Zoryl.

Though he had the face of an apathetic person but in the game he was known to be a compassionate father, so when Hazen was banished resulting his entire family to be exiled from the empire he didn't become upset and instead casted a look of disapproving gaze towards the male lead as if his decision was rather absurd.

I, for one who had played the game understand this as well.

Just because Hazen had choosen the path of helping the villainess didn't mean that he was entirely harming those who are innocents. In fact some of the capture targets are scumbags that I find them irritating when I played their route.

Anywho, just now I had been practicing my swordsmanship, a skill that needed to be hone as a future heir of the Freitscheid household, the 'Duke' or should I say my 'father' wanted me to become a better Duke than himself.  Its not just this but I also needed to handle matters of Ducal affairs including household affairs as well. To become better you needed to become independent and resilient in the field of handling major matters as a future duke in the Freitscheid menage.

Not only will I maneuver the work as an heir but since my father was a lineage of an emperial member, I, as well will go through strict methods of 'princely' duties. It was no wonder that in the game both the malelead and 'Hazen' was seen often times in the academy competing or being compared by the noble people. Since the 'Hazen' in the game was a good candidate to sit on the throne and so was the malelead, I as the player would pause to see their competition towards the throne and see whose befitting to rule an entire empire.

In my opinion, 'Hazen' would be a good ruler if the 'incident' didn't happened but since the malelead had found a way to eliminate 'Hazen' as a candidate to the throne and cast him away to exile outside and it was also because 'Hazen' was only a cannon fodder and the malelead was the malelead of the otome game.

I followed the servant leading me towards my father's office.

The Duke will sometimes call for me to give me matters of the household, pointers of which part I should remember and which are useless but nedlessly still an essential part to recollect in case of missing outputs.

Pausing in front of a wide black mahogany door, with its designs intricate with silver linings that captures a simple paisley layout, the servant started knocking.

"Your Grace, young master Hazen has arrived"

"Enter"

I let the servant pushed the heavy looking door and entered the simple but elegant office of Duke Ramesis.

With a face of stoic expression I greeted him

"Good noon father"

"Yes"

Like this, our conversation can be a little bit awkward at times, a son who lacks the ability to start a conversation and a father which is the same.

Well, I was like this too, but I was no longer Miyuki but Hazen in this life, therefore I needed to change some of my habits and 'Hazen's' habits as well to form a neat and decent conversation with the Duke.

"You called for me father? Are there works that may need of my assistance?"

"Actually, there is none..." he paused, his brows were furrowed as if he was thinking deeply.

Looking at him at this time I realized there was a pile of papers in his desk but actually didn't need my help but what else?

"Regarding with your engagement, since you've already debuted in the society aren't you going to look for good marriageable candidates?"

Engagement?

This is what his troubling about?

In this time of era, boys between ages 15-16 are already in the marriageable age.

But its good that he mentioned it.

▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂

Chapter update