AFTERNOON DATE

Episode 15|THIRD POV

"So.... Where are we??"

Ispenel look at him deadpan.

'Don't tell me your still insisting on that date?!'

"Huh??" Veronica look at him confused.

"Ahh! The date! like I said I wanted to invite Miss Veronica on a date this afternoon. "

"Oh, so you were serious about that... "

"U-huh" Hazen nodded immediately.

"But the Marquis?... " Ispenel intervened desperately.

"Forget about him, we waited for almost an hour and only this lovely lady accompanied us most of this time"

'More like you force her out of her willingness' was Ispenel wanted to blurt out but held it in for fear of his young master's wrath.

The corner of her eyes twitch hearing Hazen's bold remark, Veronica wasn't able to reject Hazen's good favour and his kind gesture of giving her a seat.

And after all he did drive away the servant that she was sure was eavesdropping earlier. So why not accept it, this was going to be her last time to see him anyway before she leaves next week.

It was almost a month since the preparation to leave, and although her plan to make the Marquis regret was canceled, she was going to return in the future to make a comeback.

"Okay. I accept" she answered.

Hazen let out a huge smile and stood up.

"Then shall we go out and enjoy the afternoon's date? Its my treat. " He let out his hand to gesture for her to hold him.

"But.. But... " Ispenel wanted to reject the idea but he was stop by the young master's glare.

"While we're at it. Make sure to stay here and reprimand that Marquis for letting this master wait too long, and oh do let him mind I'm borrowing his dear daughter" he said with a mischievous grin.

Veronica did not mind his words at all and silently cussed the Marquis.

She held his hand gently and stood up from her seat.

Ispenel this time wanted to vent his grievances, why was he? A single man has to do all the task while they do all the fun things in the world?

He swore to find himself a partner and experience the same thing his master is currently feeling now.

Ispenel swallowed a defeated sigh and nodded, accepting his faith.

"Then have fun young master and Miss Veronica" he bid them a sincere goodbye.

Exiting the office, Hazen held Veronica's hand gently with no signs of letting go.

This made the girl flushed and shy away while Hazen continue to walk ahead with Veronica in hand, clueless to the effects he has done towards her.

"I heard that the capital right now are bustling with extraordinary things. Shall we go and sight see as our first date? " he said looking back.

The sight of her all red and embarrassed made him puzzled before looking down and seeing their intertwined hands.

He let out a silent 'Oh' and look up to see the girl he had been dying to meet for a long time with a flustered face.

Instead of letting go, he let out a teasing grin and held her hand tightly this time.

'T-this! This man is crazy!! ' Veronica silently screamed, her heart palpitated many times that she was sure she could feel her own chest beating furiously.

She look at him with a tomato face before giving him a response.

"O-of course Young master Hazen" she stammered almost biting her tongue.

"Then we shall go. "

Both of them walk towards the grand carriage.

"Ummm... Young Master Hazen? "

"Hazen. Just call me Hazen please"

"W-well that would be too rude for me to say towards an Imperial member"

"Regardless if I'm part of that family, for Miss Veronica there is always an exception"

Veronica did not want to use than more of his favour, this much was enough for her to be grateful of him. Shocking as it was, she didn't know why all of a sudden the boy in front of her gave her a favourable light.

After all this was their first time meeting and unlike in her past life, this time he was the one to approach her... Again.

If she remembered correctly, Hazen haven't met her around this time but suddenly he was there in her father's office for an important meeting.

This was their official contact since her going back in time.

"Still, I am not the one to break the rule young master. However if you persist then I shall call you Master Hazen from now on." She suggested.

'I guess breaking the villainess wall is a tough battle. However I respect her wishes. For now I will treat her to a memorable date she will never forget! '

Nodding his head, Hazen agreed with her notion.

Arriving at the door of the grand carriage, Hazen immediately step aside and offer his hand towards Veronica.

"Ladies first" he bowed.

Accepting his gentlemanly gesture, Veronica went ahead inside the carriage and then followed by Hazen.

"Thank you, that was nice of you" she said sincerely.

'Even back then you were the one to care for me the most aside Sofia' she thought while eyeing the boy softly.

"That's what I was taught for Miss Veronica. Women should be respected and it is my duty to treat a girl like Miss Veronica with the outmost esteem regard and value. " he declared, while lowering his head with his left hand on his chest.

It was a sign of giving respect and admiration towards the person they regard.

Surprise, Veronica almost burst to tears but have to held it in.

"I.. I'm grateful. Thank you so much" she genuinely told.

Hazen knew that his words impacted a lot towards his favorite character.

In the otome game she was not given the outmost respect she deserve and often times had to experience severe hostility and judgments from society.

Understanding her character, he swore he would give her the best of the best.

"A lady like Miss Veronica is worth a respect than those pompous scavengers that hunts for treasure they can't reach" Hazen blurted out accidentally.

Looking at her immediately he spoke anxiously "I-I mean to say! That Miss Veronica is a respectable lady and that she's worth a value and love.. I mean.. Kind.. Ness"

He was so embarrassed that he wished for the ground to swallow him up. Out of all the words he could blurted out why was it that?!

Upon witnessing his distress, Veronica wasn't able to hide her amusement and laugh.

"It's fine Master Hazen, although I may remind you that society is where scavengers hunts the most, whether it's reachable or not, we can never predict their movements" she added. This was due to her experience in her past life.

He might not be able to understand her double meaning but at least she knew he was smart enough to comprehend what she meant with her words.

"I understand Miss Veronica. " Hazen nodded.

The carriage started moving and both of them continue to converse on basic topics.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘
Part 2 coming up for this one!
Sorry for not updating. I was having a writer block (T^T)