KISS OF DEATH

Episode 20| THIRD POV << THE PAST

Hazen fell to his knees. He failed. He failed to save her.

He saw her burned at the stake while people cheered for her death, as if celebrating a new year's eve.

Disgusting.

All of them are disgusting!!

"Veronica. I'm sorry" he cried, tears flowed non-stop.

No one recognized him, it took him to disguise himself from not being seen by people who had recognize him as the great son of the grand duke and the nephew of the emperor. Now, he was banished along his family who had willingly followed him. He was sorry for bringing them along. But his father knew how important Veronica to him. He saw his sincere heart to help her, from the people who tried to frame her.

Atlast he got carried away and the crown prince found a loophole to his plan, thus, he got exiled.

Hazen was supposed to be the only person to be thrown out of the empire, however, his father who love him the most opposed to the emperor's verdict. In the end, his family was exiled as well. It did not matter to the grand duke if they were exiled or not as long as his family are alive, that's what matter the most.

Nevertheless, Hazen was worried of Veronica whom he had left alone at the empire. He knew of her maltreatment and he was angry of that fact that he couldn't do anything.

He heard news of her punishment, it was the worst punishment of all. While he was only sentence in exile, Veronica was set to die in the cruelest way. Why was it that her faith was to die by the hands of those sinners. Sinners, who claimed themselves as victims to her so called schemes. She was controlled like a marionette and when they found no use of her, she was discarded like a trash, a garbage.

Hazen clench his fists in pure anger that it bruised his skin and blood flow in it.

Why?

Why does it have to be her?!

While they merry in their own pawns of games, she was destined to die by fire?

Burned her.... Cheer her death.... As if she's a witch...

Temple... Royalty... Nobility... Commoners... All of you...

This cruelty... They will PAY.

"Veronica. I will avenge your death." he sneered.

He glance at the people smiling, laughing, yelling her name in vicious cursed. Then his eyes trailed towards the culprits. Those people that ordered her death. Those people who sit and smiled as if fulfilled.

Was Veronica's purpose to be toyed and used?

Was her purpose to live misery and die injustice?

Was her purpose to be silence in the end?

Was it all? Was Veronica punished for wanting to live peacefully??

His visioned started to grow dark. The chains that restricted his power was slowly breaking. Bit by bit, it was slowly appearing.

His eyes still focused at those people.

"I will kill you all. I will tear this empire. I will make you all pay" he uttered with hatred and venom.

And with the last push, suddenly an explosion erupted.