Arc 2: A Chaotic Household

Disclaimer: I don't own Gate or Nihon-koku Shoukan as it belongs to its rightful owners.

Arc 2: A City, A Diplomacy A Dragon

A Chaotic Household

It seemed that the memory would finally stay with her forever.

From time to time, it would come back to haunt her, and the moment when she recalled that fateful day, it would bring torture to her mind. She could feel the terrible dark atmosphere that befell her home and the gradual destruction that followed thereafter.

"You must leave this place, Quickly!"

"Please! Don't leave us!"

"Don't worry my dear, Everything will be alright, I promise you..."

She remembered running as fast she can along with what was left of her family. The fire spread everywhere, bodies falling one by one.

The despair, desperation, and loss of hope had quickly emerged early.

She was powerless to prevent a loss, a significant loss. She could hear the screams and her mother's final words as the massive flames arrived and engulfed her, never to be seen again, no matter how much she pleaded and prayed.

Then a demonic roar was heard throughout the kingdom.

A nightmare from the past had returned to greet her again.

"Milady! Please wake up!"

Pina's eyes opened as she jolted up from an unexpected slumber.

The heavy feeling had faded, replaced by a cool breeze in the air. Her vision cleared, and she saw daylight, revealing the location to be a park. a quite lovely park within the palace. Aside from her immediate surroundings, her attention was drawn to a familiar brown-haired lady and her worried expression.

"Hamilton?" She softly muttered under her breath, briefly wondering if she entered a new dream.

Though that was not the case.

"Pina! Where in heaven's name have you been?" Exclaimed, the young lady, slowly forgetting the noble formalities." She asked, breathing a sigh of relief. I've been looking everywhere for you."

The redhead kept her silent for a brief moment to think about what her friend had said to her.

"I thought you were in your room?"

In reality, she had been in her room for a long time before simply deciding to take a stroll through the palace gardens to release her "Impurities," finding herself on a specific bench before eventually falling asleep without her knowledge.

She was still in a quite wobbly state, yet she rubbed her eyes and shook her head, snapping herself back to reality.

"My apologies Hamilton, things are quite difficult for me these days," she finally replied, a hint of weariness in her voice. "Tell me, what am I supposed to attend today?" she said, dumbfoundedly, as if not knowing what she planned on doing today.

The young lady stared, perplexed.

For a few moments, she wondered if her childhood friend was just pretending to be unconcerned about what was going to happen today. Though, She could detect a tinge of dissatisfaction with the meeting she was supposed to attend in a few minutes.

She sighed in return.

"Milady, I know being with that...Man in the same room can be insufferable." She explained, looking straight into her eyes. " But, you really have to attend the meeting." The girl clasped her hands together as she pleaded once more.