Arc 2: Noble City IIS: Perspectives

Disclaimer: I don't own Gate or Nihon-koku Shoukan as it belongs to its rightful owners.

Arc 2: A City, A Diplomacy A Dragon

Noble City IIS: Perspectives

The hymn began after the bells rang, and a choir stood in the middle of the crossing, delivering the song as the sun beamed down on them. The attendants of the church began to sing along, while some stayed silent and kept praying.

"With the wind, you go,

Still, I dream of your spirit leading you back home, I will give my gifts to you,

Grow your garden, watch it bloom."

As Man, Elf, and Demi-human raised their faiths and spirits to the Goddess, the blessing inside the room swelled and spread.

"The light in your eyes is an angel up high,

Fighting to ease the shadow side.

Hearts will grow though having to bend,

Leaving behind all things in the end."

Memories of a forgotten time resurfaced, the more the people called out to the higher beings that gave a blessing to the land they resided. Moreover, that the promise was still kept and the lands of Qua-Toyne were untouched.

"Listen to my voice calling you,

Pulling you out of the darkness.

Hear their cries and remember the day it happened, for this land will remain in peace and enlightened..."

Scores of applause then filled the entire cathedral as all the attendants expressed their joy and devotion to Gods once again. Furthermore, the performance by the choir was also received with applause from the crowd.

Yet another day of peace has reigned upon the land.

After the song ended, the old high priest walked up to the stands, raising his wooden staff in the air, and the crowd bowed down and prayed once more.

I thank you all for coming today, and as we gather once more to bring glory to our ancestors and the Gods." The man declared confidently, "From this day forward, the entire land will be celebrating the thousand-year peace that Men, Elf, Dwarves, and beastkins alike had achieved."

"That spirit to which we still have today must never be forgotten, and by the blessing of the Goddess, we will continue to raise it above!"

The crowd reacted with little bits of agreement and cheers as they let themselves be immersed by the surroundings.

"Many had said that our land is the weakest and most vulnerable to invasions, but I disagree as, during the tribulation of the Ravernals and Demon God, we were hailed as the Last Bastion of Hope, and thousand years later we are still here!" The old man then exclaimed." It is because that we have the full blessing of the Gods, and unlike the other nations, we continued to raise our faiths on them! "

He then raised his hand as if he was calling to fate itself.

"Whatever trials we, the people of Qua-Toyne, are currently facing, WE WILL OVERCOME THEM, and no Empire or Demon will be able to stop us!"