Arc 2: Noble City X: The Last Hour Part 3

Disclaimer: I don't own Gate or Nihon-koku Shoukan, as they belong to their rightful owners.

Arc 2: A City, A Diplomacy, A Dragon

Noble City X: The Last Hour Part 3

"In times like this, there are people who would be pursuing what is important to them—to save their own lives. Some would have to take drastic measures and use force to survive, and some have gone down another path and chose to help."

- New World Journal

The western gates, as many had imagined, would appear to be a very organized place, with an orderly crowd waiting their turn to leave the city and adhering to the gatekeepers' rules. Even though this was not the case, to begin with,

"Ahh, this is so fucking messed up!"

From the words of the Great Fiery Chef of the Orient, he perfectly described the current scenario at hand.

"Let us out first!"

It was a certainty—a chaotic one.

"Let everyone outside!"

"We don't want to die here!"

Crowds of locals, merchants, and even foreign visitors rushed up to the only exit they knew, while guards did their best to keep them under control and the panic from spreading.

Though the results were already inevitable,

When the announcement came through the city's Siren Tubes from the Prime Minister himself, almost everyone in the other districts packed their belongings and headed straight for the Western District.

It created hope for everyone, but it also brought a common headache.

A Major one.

For established business owners like a certain old blonde geezer, he was just one of the people who found themselves stuck in this kind of situation.

Alongside the rest of his staff, Gordon Ramsay stood near the city's gigantic walls as the man rested on them while rubbing his already-lined forehead in disappointment.

"We can't leave the city that easily, Chef."

One of his staff members had been relaying the message to him throughout this time, and he was eagerly waiting for some good news.

That didn't even come.

"As much as the others...and also including me, we are going to make a decision that we will not leave without Selina." He paused to get a good reaction, when not, he followed with "And also those two men in strange green outfits."

He was confident this time around.

The response was as usual.

"Of course, we won't be leaving you, donkey! I just fucking ask you to check the current situation at the Gates. For fucks sake!"

His temper got the best of him.

"Oh yes, chef! Thank you for reminding me, chef!" The staff member, with donkey ears, was taken aback as he simply nodded and proceeded to head toward the other staff members, who were setting up a temporary stall on a vacant spot.

Anna, who was beside the blonde geezer, turned her attention towards him." Are you sure about this?" she asked.

Gordon nodded and took a deep breath." Well since this place was safer than we thought." His eyes observed the poor residents and refugees, who had no choice but to wait and had been fighting off their hunger. "We might as well extend help to those in need," he explained, grabbing a certain apron.