Arc 2: Noble City I

Disclaimer: I don't own Gate or Nihon-koku Shoukan as it belongs to its rightful owners.

Arc 2: A City, A Diplomacy A Dragon

Noble City I: Arrival

The symbols on the wall did match, and it was all according to certain pieces of parchments containing the riddles and the small illustration to which they had provided her.

She stood there amid the darkness and the moon that gave light on a certain large hallway leading to a bigger area.

After months of searching, she finally found the place. A place deemed sacred and holy, and where it was hidden for thousands of years.

She knew it wasn't the right time to break in and take it. Although, she kept that optimism and confidence high knowing that she would be claiming a part of a long-awaited victory for her homeland.

A smile crept across her lips as she gripped the papers in her hand.

"Just a few more days..."

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Alnus Hill, Coalition Main HQ

"May their souls find peace."

The room fell silent as the recorded footage of the recent airstrike on an imperial camp was played in front of a few coalition officials, including the American General and his Japanese counterpart.

It seemed as if this was just a usual small event since the campaign of pushing forward across the region began weeks ago.

General Hanzama couldn't even count how many times he'd been witnessing people perishing from the flames and destruction created by the jets. He knew it would be a quick but gruesome scene and it was fortunate that he didn't get to hear the screams and anguish of these soldiers this time around.

They were all humans, just like him, and they had no idea what had gotten into them.

The man took a deep breath in return, as he began to observe the rest of his surroundings.

How amazing it was for him to see the other coalition commanders who could keep a straight face. Some people are normally emotionless when witnessing a large number of people being burned or blown to pieces, and there was a reason for this.

His home country had been at peace for decades, with no major conflicts or wars. There was the Self-Defense Force, which, unlike the other nations, was not a true military or army. Sure, several divisions were dispatched to places where conflicts and tensions were at an all-time high, but only for humanitarian purposes.

Even he has yet to see what real conflict is, and now he was getting the opportunity to be a part of it, in the form of this Gate to another world fiasco.

"Everything all right, General?" his American counterpart asked, interrupting his thoughts.

The Japanese General nodded slightly. "Yes sir, though, if I may ask, how many more camps do we have to see destroyed?" he asked.

General Wilkes chuckled back, "I believe this is the final footage...for now," he explained, surprised by the large number of camps scattered across the continent. " And Ms. Miles here has something more interesting to present," he added, gazing at the blonde woman.

The Secretary woman simply nodded as she rose from her seat and moved closer to the screen.

She took a deep breath and adjusted her glasses slightly before pressing a button on a small device, which changed the images projected on the screen.