Arc 2: Noble City IV

Disclaimer: I don't own Gate or Nihon-koku Shoukan as it belongs to its rightful owners.

Arc 2: A City A Diplomacy A Dragon.

Noble City IV: Calm Before A Storm

Even up until now, she could still remember the time she had spent in that certain place.

What is it really days, weeks, months...or an eternity?

The memories of the haunted estate which housed a devil of a person.

Back and forth, she found herself in the midst of a corrupted luxury, a place of fiestas and celebrations that were only filled with greed, lust, and pride. Everything turned out to be a lie.

Not too long, Wrath would soon arrive.

"Please stop!... Have mercy!"

"Keep your mouth shut girl...!"

All that who resisted were thrown into the darkest areas of the cellars, having no choice but to endure the anguish and suffering created by the friends of the devilish man.

"No please...!"

She was one of them...Begging for her own life, only to have her dignity violated and subjected to a series of mental tortures...

It was the only way she could exact her own vengeance against them, no matter what she had been through.

The light that appeared in the midst of the darkness...was the spark that ignited everything.

Her ascension from the forgotten depths.

She recalled how she saw glory and hope that emerged from the door.

A familiar silhouette and a voice she thought she would not hear for a long time.

"Parna, I thought, I'd find you here..."

A person she thought was dead after her betrayal...

"Your Highness..."

As she was finally brought back to reality, Parna heard the call. The foggy visions of the haunted estate had vanished, replaced by the Palace's old grandeur halls. The massive pillars stood in rows, and she found a place to lean on one of them while returning to the current scene

The light of the sun was slowly making its presence through the many windows, indicating that the dawn was almost complete.

At the same time, a worried voice filled the silence of the halls.

"I've already Informed the other captains to tighten security in every corner of the city walls and we also sent out messages to nearby garrisons for reinforcements in case they would attack in larger numbers..."

The official had never felt such a rush of adrenaline in his veins. He could still feel his cold sweat from when he received intelligence of an alleged enemy plot to strike the Noble city on this exact day.

He could have informed the rest of the cabinet members, including the Prime Minister, but he ultimately failed to hold even a brief meeting with them due to unforeseen circumstances. Unfortunately, he was informed that they had not yet arrived at the palace.