Next Chapter Scenes Preview: Noble City Arc

Disclaimer: I don't own Gate or Nihonkoku Shoukan as it belongs to its rightful owners.

Small Chapter Scenes Preview: Noble City Arc

It was this specific part of the palace that had piqued her interest on a consistent basis.

She never knew that there was a time when her tribe had their own contributions during the great conflict against the Demon invasion.

The realization only came to her upon seeing the paintings, illustrations, and even some of the items which had been preserved for many centuries. She was astonished when she learned that the idea of unification didn't happen only once, she always thought her people and race had their own communities and lives, to begin with.

Rivals and sometimes, enemies.

Her eyes never left the illustration of a certain warrior bunny that eerily looked like the current beloved queen.

In fact, she heard stories of the first great queen of her tribe that fought alongside the alliance of Demi-Humans, and Man. The first-ever to unite the disgruntled communities in order to save themselves and resist the corruption and inhuman actions of the enemy.

It was like repeating history itself, though the only difference was that they were not the victors this time around.

Great sorrow quickly filled her eyes remembering her home's last stand, and the unselfish sacrifice of her leader which many believed that the end has come for them.

She cried when she saw her again, during the darkest times of her life at Akusho, how she had gone there just to lift her out of the hell she had fallen into. Now she was here, with the chance to restore her home's lost glory, as long as she did her job correctly.

By then, her ears lit up as a new presence had arrived at the scene. A shadow looming behind her.

It was intimidating yet familiar as if she had witnessed this on the battlefield not long ago.

"You must be her." A female voice then spoke.

She widened her eyes in surprise, as she turned to face the new presence.

There was intention beneath that warm smile, though she still wasn't sure if it was for good or bad. Nonetheless, she wasn't that clueless to know the person in front of her.

The blood-red eyes, the long flowing dark hair, and the recognizable priestess's attire looked more different compared to the last time she saw it.

"Apostle of Emroy." She muttered, giving her a slight glare despite this little fear that grew from within.

Rory, on the other hand, continued to smile as she greeted the black-haired warrior bunny. All those times to which Cato had been on suspicion regarding her goals, in fact, she was indeed searching for her.

Not to fight or cause any trouble but rather than just talk.

The young lady then extended her hand for a shake and said...

"Care to join me in a conversation?"

XXXXXXXXXXX

The view of the bay was really magnificent as they say.

He couldn't think of any places back in his world that could be compared to this. Yes, it was some kind of Harbour where most of the ships would dock, yet it also has a certain area where people could enjoy and spend their time away from the busy areas of the warehouses.

It was just a simple park combined with a promenade-like design located near the sea wall. Street lights which were powered by light magic were aligned in an organized way and benches were scattered around the area.