twenty six

Chapter Twenty Six

Monday

At school, I felt horrible, which is highly unlike myself, for I'm always smiling. Not even the janitor who greets me every morning or the security guard with the foreign accent could cheer me up. As I was approaching my locker, I noticed Stacey standing beside it, having a conversation with George as Brooklyn clang to his side.

"- obviously if I cared that much about my homework, then I would've made every attempt possible to bring it. Am I right?" She ranted to George, who looked completely uninterested with their topic.

 Am I right?" She ranted to George, who looked completely uninterested with their topic

"Stacey, leave him alone, please." I pleaded, catching the glance he gave me for saving him. I just nodded and commenced to twirl the lock on my locker.

"Listen Jennifer, what would you do if-"

"I don't really want to hear any of that right now. As you can see, I'm not in the mood." I gently but firmly let her down. She just flinched back at my words, clearly not understanding.

"What's the matter?" Stacey asked, which made Brooklyn detach from George to stand next to me. "Yeah, I know today's Monday, but still." She cosigned.

I sighed, and began to tell them everything that occurred on Saturday, leaving nothing out at all. They both continued on with their lives like nothing that I told them was even the slightest bit crazy.

"Um hello!?" I spoke, "Does this actually not faze you guys?"

We then began to walk towards second period, George at some point disappearing to walk to his next class alone. "Not really, we both told you not to trust him." Stacey pointed out.

"Yeah, to be honest, I was sort of hoping that he was still sleeping with Amber."

"Why?" I question Brooklyn

"Just so you'll see exactly why he can't be trusted. I knew you still did, even if you tried to deny it." She elaborated with little force laced within her tone.