thirty six

Chapter Thirty Six

Monday

The following Monday at school was personally the start of a chaotic week for me. I noticed that it was as well for the other girls, hell, probably majority of the girls in this school.

Mason wouldn't return my calls yesterday, and I'm suddenly finding myself regretting accepting his promposal. But then, I realize that if I weren't going with him, then I would most definitely be going to Collin. Someone who I didn't want to see today after the event that occurred last weekend.

"Jennifer hey, I'm sorry that I-"

"It's fine," I decide, turning around to face who I already could tell was Mason

"It's fine," I decide, turning around to face who I already could tell was Mason. Where was he yesterday? I understand that I'm not his girlfriend, but I'd still like to be kept in the know.

"You sure ..... because when I had finally got your messages, it seemed as though you were a bit mad-"

"Just forget it, I wanted to know where you were as all." I tell, only half of the truth. The other side being that I was actually looking at him to maybe help soothe me and calm my nerves for this upcoming Friday.

But I can clearly tell that he had some other things going on. Better things.

"Oh?" He asked, and I looked up at him just in time to see a small smirk tugging at his lips. Mason isn't the cocky type, which is why the message didn't resonate at all really.

 Mason isn't the cocky type, which is why the message didn't resonate at all really

"You were worried about me, how sweet-"

"Mason, how many times do I have to tell you? Stop leaving your boxers all over my ..." Laura quickly walked up to the confused boy, who she didn't seem to know was previously in a conversation with me. But when she did, she immediately faded out her words.

"... room." She finished, "Mason, you didn't tell me that you knew Jennifer." Why was this any of Laura's concern? Actually, why is Mason leaving his underwear in her room?