epilogue

Epilogue

Friday Night

Remember that one autumn day a few months ago when Laura walked up to me reluctantly? I'd assumed that she wanted to make plans for the following weekend, although notes for a class was on her mind, not a hangout. Shortly after, they blew out of my hand and of course, got stuck in a tree. It was at that moment that Collin appeared and retrieved them for me.

But we all know that he didn't get it off without a few sly comments.

Today, I wish wholeheartedly that those few moments never occurred. That Collin wasn't there, and it wasn't windy, and Laura didn't come up to me for class help. If life were as simple as that, and my wish was granted, then I currently wouldn't be in this situation.

 If life were as simple as that, and my wish was granted, then I currently wouldn't be in this situation

Mixing my mascara with salty tears, only seconds after I slammed down onto all fours before Collin. He sat in the wooden chair, nearly half unconscious due to the pain that was currently racing through his body. Not only from the knife wound, but from a new found bullet wound that he now got to sport.

"It's okay Colli-it's oka-the ambulance is on its way." I cried through harsh sobs, placing my hands on that one particular spot at his knee. In an instant he gasped, which made me retract my hand away.

"Cry all you want now, Jennifer, but this isn't even remotely close to being over." Jenifer warned from in the policeman's grip. I tried my best to ignore the two while they were being escorted out of the room. Although, their haunting taunts left an impression on me slightly, I wasn't going to lie.

Just then, the paramedics rushed in with a gurney and a black medical bag sitting atop. Following behind closely, was Stacey, Brooklyn, Michael and George. The four scanned the room and made sure to distance themselves as far away from the two culprits as they could. But of course, anger got the best of George and Michael since the pair basically lunged at Jen and Mason.

"I'M GOING TO FUCKING BEAT YOUR ASS, MASON HUFF-" But George's threats were cut short by a disposable officer, who rightfully chose to restrain him.