twenty nine

Chapter Twenty Nine

Collin's POV

As soon as the bell rang, I scrambled out of my seat, and pushed through the crowd of people who decided to saunter.

"Excuse me." I repeated, at least twenty times. No matter how many times I actually said it, no one ever moved.

I needed to get to Jennifer's locker, in order to stop her. I realized earlier that I had a better shot at getting to her than Amber. Who I'm sure is at my locker with her friends.

"Collin, wait up!" A voice called from behind me. I pivoted my head to the back, and saw Peter and George, trying to catch up to me.

I cursed under my breath, "Shit," and slowed down my pace. I however did not stop moving. An arm slung around my shoulder, holding me back even more.

"We've gotta ask you something." George started from my left, nudging me in my shoulder.

"I kind of have somewhere to be right now, so it's going to have to wait

"I kind of have somewhere to be right now, so it's going to have to wait." I tried to make them go away, hoping that they'd understand.

"C'mon, it'll only take a few seconds-"

"Yeah, a few seconds that I don't really have right now." I finalize, and break from their grip. I push through the sturdy doors and jet down the stair cases.

The school was filling out slowly, no one really wanting to go straight home. And that made me even more nervous, because that meant that there's a higher chance of people seeing the "fight".

I weaved through all of the people in the hallway, passing by Amber before I rounded a corner. I could hear her calling faintly in the background, but Jennifer was my number one priority right now. I know exactly how tough it'll be to hold Jennifer back over Amber. So I had to get to her first.

"Collin!" Amber called again, but I continued to fade it out.

Soon, I reached Jenn after what felt like an eternity. My hands where on her waist, which startled her a bit. She quickly turned from out of her locker to look at me, surprised.

"Collin." She whispered in a scolding manner, slapping my hands away. But that only increased my proximity.

 But that only increased my proximity