thirty three

Chapter Thirty Three

Tuesday

The next day at school, I waited for the usual group of people to come and surround my locker. Let's just say that they were running a bit late, for they're usually already here by now.

I decided to just ignore it and shove some more things into my locker.

"Jenn," a voice called from behind, so I turned around to see who it belonged to. Collin was now approaching me, and when he stood at a good enough distance, he rested his elbow on my shoulder. "We need to look out for ... you know who."

Whenever I saw Collin, since yesterday, I couldn't help but smile, oddly. I'm sure he's never realized it, but it wouldn't be the craziest thing if he noticed it lingering on my face for a bit too long.

 I'm sure he's never realized it, but it wouldn't be the craziest thing if he noticed it lingering on my face for a bit too long

"Yeah true," I answered, and turned into my locker to move some stuff around. "she doesn't come here yet though, say .... in between 3rd and 4th period?"

Collin mumbled something under his breath in agreement and walked to my side. There he stood, posted up against the locker beside mine. He looked like he was about to say something, but both Brooklyn and Stacey walked up simultaneously.

"Collin, could you give us a minute alone with Jennifer?" Brooklyn asked, already starting to nudge him away in the opposite direction. He looked down at the elbow she used, wondering what went through her mind that made her believe that that was alright.

"I'm sure you can spare her for at least five minutes." Stacey then added, quickly glancing back at him, but returning her gaze to me shortly after. I shrugged at him, telling him to go and that it's not a big deal.

So he walked down a few lockers slowly.

"Alright so, as you know, prom is coming up in like, five days ...." Brooklyn trailed, slightly squinting her eyes to see if this subject was fine to discuss with me. I'm not exactly in a relationship with anybody, so I could see why she'd want to make sure.

"Yes." I egg.

"I personally think that we should come up with like ... a term that only the three of us know, so that if something bad happens, we can indirectly let someone know." Brooklyn explained, causing Stacey to instantly uncross her arms from her chest.

"What, like a safe word?"

"I told Brook that it was a stupid idea," Stace then tried to explain. "if we're actually in danger then who's going to be around to hear a safe word?"