nine

Chapter Nine

Saturday

It has been over a week since Collin and I met up in the park, and in that time, we haven't crossed each other's path at all. At first I thought that he went back on our deal, despite me boldly getting conformation from him. But a few days ago, I started to pick up on these glances that he would spare me in the hallway, and I obliviously never returned them.

A part of me was curious about how he was holding up, since he did recently get dumped by his girlfriend. At first look he seems content, but that could all be a front for the public.

"Keep up, blondie, if we're going to make my Homecoming outfit happen, you'll have to develop thicker heels." Stacey insisted, barking orders at me from over her shoulder. As she probably already hinted, I'm currently trailing a few steps behind her. Only because we have been walking around this mall for hours.

I furrowed my eyebrows softly before chuckling. "I don't know why you're talking bad about blondes, I'm not even a natural one." I replied, while staring down at the ground in thought. Suddenly, something came to my mind so I added it onto my statement. "Wait ... YOU literally are!"

"Don't even say anything else, I realized that as soon as I said it." She addressed, and made a sharp turn into a store we were very close to walking past.

I got a quick glimpse at the name of it, and saw that we were now entering Hollister, or as I like to refer to it as "The Store Filled with Overly-priced Beach-Bum Clothing"

I got a quick glimpse at the name of it, and saw that we were now entering Hollister, or as I like to refer to it as "The Store Filled with Overly-priced Beach-Bum Clothing". It was no surprise to me that Stacey chose to go into this store, that being for two reasons. One, she herself fits the profile for the typical customer at a store like this. Two, she just loves making me uncomfortable by making me face a certain employee that works here.

"Hello, welcome to Holi- oh hey, you two!" A girl greeted, and when I observed her face I saw that it was Lilly Kent, one of the frailest girls that I have ever seen at school. She has this whole ... alternative look going for her so it was odd seeing her working in a place such as this.

I flashed her a sincere smile and watched as Stacey trailed away in a random direction. "Hi Lilly, it seems like it's been forever since we last spoke."

Lilly nodded while tucking a single strand of her short, dark hair behind her ear. "Yeah, I've been sick as hell ... spent the last four days doubled over in my bathroom." She stuck her tongue out to mimic throwing up, and shoved a finger down her throat. It made me laugh and we spent a few more minutes talking about how our weeks have been.

Amidst our conversation a customer pulled her away for advice, so I let her be and searched for clothes on my own. As I made my way through the store I spotted Stacey who already had an armful of garments. Considering that we haven't been in here for that long, I wondered how much more she would find.