Chapter Eight

Alexia

       Today is the first day I'm going to the groups. I was going to go last week, but I guess I just chickened out. But this time I'm going for sure. 

       I haven't seen Evelynne since the day at the diner, but I'm trying not to dwell on it. The only times I've really thought about what happened was when I looked on her Instagram. All the pictures of Jonah and her were gone. I had an inkling that they broke up, but I don't know for sure. 

       I thought she would've reached out by now, but I guess she really doesn't want to be around me anymore. I'm not about to put my mental health on the line by reaching out. For all, I know she could tell me to go fuck myself and I would be left in pieces.

       I was startled out of my thoughts as my dad pulled up to the place. I was really nervous but I was hoping for the best. No backing out this time. I got out of the car and waved to my dad. I could tell he was a little hesitant, but I had already assured him that everything should be fine. I didn't know how right I was.

       I walked into the group the guy at the front desk said to. He wasn't who we talked to on the phone, but I don't really think that mattered. As I walked in I noticed it wasn't a big circle of metal chairs like I thought it would be. It was a bunch of couches and bean bag chairs in a big area. The whole room was bright and there were people already in there. 

       I hesitantly sat down on a bean bag chair that was more by the corner. I hadn't thought it was going to be like this, but I guess it's better than sitting uncomfortably in a circle for an hour and a half.

      As more and more people filled in. I noticed an older-looking women walk in too. She wasn't elderly, but she was more my dad's age. As she approached she smiled and waved at everyone and took a seat on the carpet, right in the middle of everything. She smiled and waved at me and I smiled back. Yeah. I think I'm going to like it here.

       I learned her name was Laura and she was forty-three. She never made anyone talk or do anything they didn't want to. I didn't do anything but introduce myself. I wasn't really comfortable sharing everything yet. But I had a feeling I'd get there.

       The whole experience was pretty good. There were about fifteen people in total and they were all my age. It wasn't all sharing and talking about negative stuff. There was a lot of laughing and fun there too.

        I left there with a smile on my face and excitement for Thursday. I hope to make friends there and I think there's a pretty good chance I will.

Evelynne

       I have been stalling. I broke up with Jonah about a week ago and I have no idea what to do. On one hand, I want to give Alexia space, but on the other, I want to go over there right now and grovel. I decided to meet in the middle. I've been trying to plan something that would show her how much she means to me and how sorry I am. But I just can't think of anything. 

       I don't want to do anything too public because she hates attention like that. I was thinking maybe I could take her out to all the places she loves and grovel a little bit. But I was also thinking about doing something like setting up a night-time picnic where I get all sappy on her. I was torn.

       My parents thought I should do them both, so I think I'm going to do that. I'll do the first idea first and the second one second. Now I just have to get it set up.

      I had to schedule some things with reservations if I wanted to make it extra special. First I decided we were going to go to the her favorite breakfast place, then the Natural history museum that she loves, then her favorite restaurant for lunch, then this really fancy private library, and then back home to my house for dinner. 

       I really hope she'll like it, but I can't get my hopes up too much. She might hate it and still be mad at me. I also have to coordinate with her dad when I can do it, but he's mad at me also. That was the next thing I decided to do.

       I rang the doorbell and Martin answered the door. He almost slammed it in my face, but I guess he decided not to.

       "She's not home right now," he spoke flatly. Wow. He really was mad.

       "I was actually here to talk to you. And before you slam the door in my face. I want to talk to you about apologizing to her."

       I could see his hesitance, but he stepped aside and let them through the door. We sat in the living room as I told him my plan. 

       "She deserves more than just you taking her places and hoping it makes up for it."

       "I know. There will be plenty of groveling and apologizing going on. I just need to know the best time to do it."

       He didn't look a hundred percent sold, but he told me to do it on Saturday since she's not doing anything that day. I ran out thanking him profusely. I was so excited. I went home and made all the calls. I ordered lights and blankets for the picnic and made a list of everything else I would need. 

I had to make this perfect. Even if it's the last thing I do.

-------------

Sorry for not updating the past few days. This chapter just wasn't coming out how I wanted to and I had to change a lot. I should be able to get out a few more this weekend.

Thanks for reading!!