Marriage Counseling

Background Info:Von & His Wife Monica are constantly fighting and are on their last leg of the relationship

Setting:Feb 2022, Atlanta, Georgia

Omniscient POV

Monica went to the closet pulling out a nice outfit for this counseling session. Von was already ready and he was down stairs playing the game with his friends online.

She could of just been a bad wife & divorced him but she decided that counseling is what they need.

Von wasn't really up for counseling but he know he didn't wanna lose Monica or their child in the process. So he complied with whatever.

She sighed as she heard Von scream in excitement towards his game. Their son Walter was still sleeping.

Monica came down the stairs with Walter & all the guys looked at her. "Where y'all going sis?" Durk asked . "We have Uh a mandatory meeting. U ready Von? " She asked .

"Yea ma. Gimme a minute ight?" Von said not even paying attention to her. This was one of their biggest problems. Von paused the game , looking at his son then at his wife. "Whea u taking my son Monica?" Von asked fixing his button up.

"To my mom's house" she said before everybody left out. Monica didn't trust Von's friends, so whenever her & Von left...so did they. They all jumped into the car and was headed to Monica's mother house.

Their driver was enjoying some coffee, not even noticing what was going on with his passengers. Von was on live. "Yo yooo what's up y'all? Did y'all see the video to I don't play that? They made my ass a cartoon!" Von laughed.

The rest of his crew laughed to. They were getting kind of loud. He put the camera on Monica. "Y'all say hey to Mrs. King Von. She look good don't she?" Von smiled. Monica slightly smiled trying to hide her annoyance towards his friends.

The baby got dropped off to Monica's mom house and then Von's friends left . Which left Monica and Von alone , finally. He was still on live. "Y'all ask me this shit every time I'm on live , on O. I married my wife cause she a real bitch ight? Stop asking me shit" Von spat.

Monica looked at him rolling her eyes. She hated the slang he would use to describe her. "Von really?!" She snapped. He looked confused trying not to laugh. "What I do?" He asked smirking.

"You know what Von. Cut the camera off , we here" Monica stated. Von and Monica got out the car and he was still confused.

"I'm saying doe ma, what did I do bad? You not my bitch now?" He asked extending his arms in confusion. "Von I told you to stop referring to me as 'your bitch' !
I am your wife! The mother of your youngest child! " she snapped.

He mugged her . "Man what the fuck is wrong with you?! You snap over the dumbest shit bro!" He yelled back. They stop once they got outside the Counseler's office.

Monica walked up to the receptionist . "Hello I'm Mrs. Bennett, my husband and I are here to see Dr. Price" Monica said smiling.

The receptionist was excited to see them, she got Von's autograph. They waited a minute and then Dr. Price took them to his office.

They sat down and Dr. Price picked up his notepad & pen. "Alright, let's start off with how y'all doing this afternoon?" Dr. Price asked crossing his legs.

" I'm good. I was playing da game & shit early" Von said putting his phone down.

"That's what up man. What about chu Mrs. Bennett?" Dr. price asked.

She flipped her hair the other way trying to gather the emotions she been feeling for a while. But he did ask how she's doing today, she so said "alright".

Then then started to dive deep into the relationship . "Okay so Mr. Bennett , can you give me y'all relationship timeline? Like how y'all meet and such?" Dr. price asked.

"Yea so. We met around Thanksgiving. That time was hard fa me cause my granny had just died , I had been still recovering from being shot and I seen Monica I'm like she pretty as hell. So we went on a date , then we started dating on December 8th 2020. We got engaged a year later after she had my youngest son , then we just got married on the 8th" Von said.

"Ok ok great. Now Monica how did he treat you during the pregnancy ? This is y'all only child?" Dr. price asked.

"No this is Dayvon's 4th child. This is my first child. Um , Von was sweet the whole pregnancy. Especially when he seen I was getting fat, he was very supportive. " Monica stated.

"Ok ok. Dayvon, tell me why out of all the women you dated, u chose to marry Monica?" Dr. Price asked.

Von state there quietly , thinking about the highlights of him and Monica's relationship.

"She just been there fa a nigga u know? Like all the other women I dated, they was dere. But Monica stepped and showed me her loyalty and we wasn't even in a relationship yet. I also feel like she get me the most? Like she know exactly what I'm thinkin & feeling and ion open up to women I date a lot so when I started fw her heavier I started to tell her a lot of shit I done and instead of judging me, she understood me" Von stated causing Monica to break down.

"Are u okay Mrs. Bennett?" Dr. price asked.

"Yes - N-No I'm not" She finally admits.

"Talk to Dayvon & I , tell us what's causing u to cry?" Dr. price asked.

"I just feel like Dayvon not the same man I fell in love with. I feel like I'm constantly competing with his friends, his career, his exes. Like I feel like he loves me but he values other things more" Monica revealed.

Von wiped her tears. "Stop crying Monica. U know I love you ma okay? I'm sorry I don't give u a lot of attention. I be busy asf but it's always gone be us okay ma? Don't cry" Von said holding her hand.

Dr. price slightly smiled. "Ok .. When u told Dayvon how u felt , what would he usually say?" Dr asked.

"We would argue & then make up thru sex. Like how old is we Dayvon?" Monica asked as her and Von began laughing.

"Sex huh? How old are y'all? How is y'all sex life , if y'all don't mind me asking?" Dr. Asked.

"I'm 25, he's 27" Monica said lowly.

Tears stained her eyes, she got up from the session and left.