Sneaking Out

Tori POV

Background Info: Tori sneaks out her house one day, to realize why she shouldn't have.

Author's Note: This story will be extremely disturbing and sad. Do not read if you cannot handle the use of drugs or murder.

Ugh. I'm hungry asf.

I know I live in a rough neighborhood but I need to get tf out this house. I'm tired of not eating no real food.

I enter my brother Andre's room and noticed that his pills was gone.

I hope he's okay. He's been very depressed lately.

I hope out the window and run to the store. When I was in the store, I seen Andre's friend Von.

He was like a big brother to me. I loved him like he was family.

My family loves him and he was a very loyal friend to Dre.

"What chu doing out late folks? U know yo mama gone piece yo ass" he laughed.

"Boy I'm grown as hell. I can be out here" I laughed.

I actually can't , so I needed to get my ass back in the house.

"Hell naw you can't. Ma u need to stop sneaking out fa I tell Dre" Von said in a serious tone.

When he said Dre's name, something felt funny everytime he said it.

Whatever, Von and I was talking and we heard shots go off.

He held me back going outside and all I heard was people yelling.

The crowd grew wider as I realized it was my brother Andre on the floor.

Blood oozed out his mouth as Von was trying his best to not cry.

"OH MY FUCKING GOD! ANDRE WAKE UP BABY! WAKE UP!" I yelled shaking him.

"Do you know him?" The police said walking up.

"Yes! Yes! I'm his sister!" I said crying even harder.

Minutes later, my mom came running down the street.

"NOOOO! NOOO! THATS MY SON! ANDRE NOOO NOT MY BABY!" I heard my mom yelled.

We were out the hospital all night and the doctor told us that he will be getting surgery.

Von held my hand as I began sobbing more and more.

Leaving in the Trenches ain't easy. So when I seen my brother like that, all bloody and shit; I couldn't stay here.

His image couldn't leave my mind as I tried to put my attention to other things.

"Now you see why ion like you sneaking off?" I heard my mother mumble mugging me.

She needs to cut the shit. Yes I shouldn't be outside at night but I'm tired of eating pb & jelly and tuna and crackers every night.

So I was gonna get me some snacks but was it worth seeing my brother like that?

While we went home, my mother lectured me like hell.

Girl you is a call center rep not a professor.

"All I got is you and fucking Andre! Y'all daddy is locked up! What the fuck can he do for me Tori?!" She yelled as we pulled up to our apartment.

"Ma I'm sorry ! " I yelled.

"That could of easily been you Tori! You ain't sorry until it's too late. Get yo ass in dat room when we get upstairs" my mom said.

We went upstairs and I got text from Von.

From Von❤️:
Hey sis, u okay?
I ain't want you to see my nigga Dre like dat. He gone b okay💯
Ma do you wanna talk abt it or nah?
I seen you grabbing snacks & shit, y'all ain't got food?
Ok I'm guessing u don't wanna talk. Gn sis❤️

I'm not trying to ignore Von. It's just that I'm worried for my brother.

I hope he wasn't out there fucking with nobody and got hisself hurt.

He is unfortunately bipolar.

But my brother isn't just bipolar. He is a father, a son, a nephew, a college student, a worker.

He's trying to get out the hood and it's gonna happen for him.

Later on, I heard screaming coming from my mom's room.

"Mama what's wrong?" I said seeing her throw everything in the room.

"He dead baby! Andre dead !" I heard her say.

We cried together and then we started to talk to different family members.

They tried to be there but it didn't work.

A month later, my brother was buried and I couldn't stop reading his obituary.

"Andre Jackson
March 27th 1993- May 1st 2014
Father. Son. Brother."

I'm gone miss my baby really bad. He didn't deserve this.

After the funeral, my mother refused to complete a repast. She just wanted to go home and sleep.

So I decided to go bowling and go out to eat with my friends to get my mind off losing my big brother.

I got home pretty late, so I asked my friend to drop me off.

My mother wasn't home. She left a note on the fridge.

"Hey sweetheart .
Today wasn't easy for me at all as you can imagine. I'm going to be staying at your aunty Kendra's house tonight. I will be back Sunday . Here's some money baby girl. I love you so much and thanks for comforting me thru this difficult time.

Love you always !
-Mom"

I got the $100 and put it in my purse. I was about to lay down until I heard a knock at my door.

"Who is it?" I said heading to the back to my room.

I grabbed my gun and changed into my pajamas.

"Who is it?" I repeated heading back to the door.

"Von" I heard Von say.

I opened the door and my bro hugged me.

"You good ma? Here" Von said handing me a box of KFC.

We ate and then watched a movie. He held me as I sobbed quietly.

"I'm sorry " I said wiping my face.

"It's okay ma. You can cry " he said wiping my face.

He grabbed my face and I kissed him . In that moment, it wasn't right.

But it felt good.

"I'm sorry" I said quickly.

He smiled and kissed me back. "Don't be. I always liked yo pretty ass" Von said leading me to my room.