~10: Where She Tries to Hide in the Bathroom~

CHAPTER 10:

Where She Tries to Hide in the Bathroom

~~**~~

|Fallon|

I adjusted the pearl barrette I was wearing in my hair and looked myself in the mirror one last time.

I decided to wear my favorite pink tulle skirt and a matching pink satin crop top with cute ribbon straps that tied into a bow on each shoulder.

This was the fanciest outfit I owned. I'd even decided to tone down my normally zealous taste in fashion.

Even Spartacus who was lazily lounging on my bed gave me a once over with his good eye and meowed his approval before rolling over and going to sleep.

When I'd asked Archer about the dress code he'd told me to wear whatever I felt comfortable in but I seriously doubted that wearing sweats to a charity event hosted by his father's firm would be considered acceptable.

My phone suddenly pinged with a text from Archer followed by a knock on the front door. He had said he'd come to pick me up around 7 p.m. I checked the time, it was currently 6:45.

I smiled.

He's early.

I hurriedly put on my silver sequenced stilettos and hurried to get to the door.

I flung the door open and was just about to tease him about being early because he just couldn't wait to see me but the words died down in my throat.

My eyes widened in shock.

Holy

Fucking

Shit

Archer Hastings, who I'd only ever seen in oversized hoodies or sweatshirts was standing in front of me wearing a tuxedo that molded onto his body perfectly, showing off his broad chest and trim waist. His normally messy hair was slicked back with a single stray strand falling over his forehead.

He looked good.

Like sinfully good.

His eyes finally met mine and he inhaled sharply. He bit his lip, "You look. . ." he trailed off and I watched as his gaze slid over me from head to toe. His eyes darkened.

My whole body tingled.

"Shall we go?" His voice was hoarse, he offered me his arm.

I swallowed and took his outstretched arm before giving him a shaky nod.

~~

We reached the country club. The beautiful white, marble building loomed over us dauntingly. I suddenly felt completely out of place. I shifted my weight from foot to foot nervously while I waited for Archer as he handed his car keys to the valet.

He turned to me and his lips twisted into his familiar lopsided smile, his dimple appearing on one cheek. Some of my nerves eased.

We walked into the main hall, where the party was being hosted. Overhead a ridiculously huge chandelier hung, I felt nervous passing under it, the chain it dangled from looked nowhere near strong enough to hold it.

"Archer!" A rich feminine voice suddenly called out, catching both of our attention.

I watched as Archer's face lit up.

My eyes widened slightly as I watched a beautiful woman walking towards us. She was perhaps the most stunning woman I had ever seen. With bronze skin, and silky straight hair. Her features from her sharp jaw to her high cheekbones seemed like they'd been sculpted from marble.