~13: Where She Takes Part in an Auction~

CHAPTER 13:

Where She Takes Part in an Auction

~~**~~

There was a sign placed beside the door reading-

'Café closed temporarily for Auction.

TEENAGERS ONLY.

School ID required for entry.'

Peyton and I showed the burly man, who looked surprisingly like a bouncer, our School IDs and he allowed us to enter.

I stepped into 'Antonio's Sweet Haven' and let out a soft gasp, the café had been completely transformed, the tables had been removed and the chairs had been placed so that they faced a makeshift stage, there was even a small podium and a gavel placed on the stage for the auction.

 The café was already filled with high-school kids, most of whom I recognized from school. It seemed like Caroline's social media posts had paid off.

"Hey guys!" Sofia, the manager of the café greeted us.

"You actually hired a bouncer?" I asked her incredulously.

She gave me a pointed look, "I can't have creeps coming in and bidding on teenagers Fallon."

I bit the inside of my cheek. I hadn't really thought about it that way. "Thanks for looking out for us Sofia. I really owe you one for all of this."

She gave me a wink, "It's the other way around actually. In case you haven't noticed it's a full house, pretty much every kid that's come in has ordered something and they've been tagging this place on their socials like crazy, it's the best advertisement and it's free! So thanks for all the new business, Fallon. I hope you guys raise a shit ton of money. But you guys better hurry up because you guys have this place for two hours then we'll have to reopen. Your friends are in the changing room at the back by the way." She gave my shoulder a friendly pat before walking away.

"Damn, your manager really went all out for this auction." Peyton whistled as we made our way towards the changing room.

"Yes let-" I started to say as I pushed open the door, but the words died down in my throat.

"Fuck. Me." Peyton wheezed from beside me.

I could only nod in agreement.

Because in front of us stood the guys from the Swim Team.

And they were only wearing their swim trunks.

~~**~~

These guys looked like they'd just walked out of the cover of a men's fitness magazine. Everywhere I looked I saw toned legs and chiseled abs.

"Good, you guys are finally here." Colton approached us his expression bored. He was wearing a pair of navy blue swim trunks.

"W-why are you guys not dressed?" I managed to sputter.

Colton smirked and gestured toward the girls from the volleyball team standing behind us. "The girls thought that we'd raise more money if we went like this?"

As a response, there was a chorus of cheers and wolf whistles.

I cleared my throat. "And you guy guys are cool with this?" I mean you don't have to feel pressurized to do that if you feel uncomfortable."

The guys gave me reassuring thumbs-ups and winks.

"Wait, you guys are hot?" Peyton suddenly cut in, she still looked a little dazed.