Six

Just saw that this story hit 1k, thank you guys so much for the reads!  What're your thoughts/feelings so far?

______________

The next couple of days were uneventful to say the least. Prom was the current buzz around school and girls were huddled together talking about dresses and potential dates.

Nathaniel scoffed as he fiddled with the pack of matches in his hands flicking one alight before tossing it to the damp asphalt. His eyes scanned the parking lot already spotting the humans truck pulling in. The first day back was hard, even when he wasn't in class he was always trying to track her scent. It mingled with the rest leaving a sweet residue behind. Emmett jokingly made a comment to him before school about giving in and feeding on her already. Edward whole-heartedly disagreed .

Bella was Nathaniels blood-singer. The meaning was all in the name. Emmett throughout his vampire life met two of his which ultimately led to their demise. Nobody was truly a 'perfect' Cullen when all of them have had slip ups over the years. Nathaniel contemplated the idea but knew that all it took was one drop for him to make that switch. Frustration swelled up in his chest as he thought about it. He couldn't, he wasn't going to be a risk, not this time around.

Nathaniel observed Bella from afar. She was average looking with her dull brown eyes, matching dark hair and pale skin. She blended right in with the crowd of humans as to be expected. He wondered back for a brief moment to what Carlisle said his first night back in Forks about blood singers. They either die or they're turned. Nathaniel disliked both ideas. This human wasn't going to know about him, or his family. The risk was too high in his mind, she has a cop for a dad, he knew he would use that to his advantage if his daughter ever went missing. A hand to the shoulder is what brought Nathaniel back, he hadn't realized it but he was staring at Bella and she was staring right back.

Turning away he kept his face and actions neutral to not draw attention. He mentally kicked himself he shouldn't have been staring at her so openly. He didn't want to give her any reason to interact with him since he was already on the verge of losing it.

The gears started to turn in his head as he thought of something that might just work out to his advantage.

-

Nathaniel's gifts always came in handy when he wanted them to. Being able to decipher through lies and pulling the truth from people and vampires alike always brought him a sense of joy. But if he dug a little further he knew he could do more with his gift which is only known by a very few. He can manipulate the truths from others to make them behave in a certain manner. That trick was Nathaniel's favorite.

Nathaniel was almost hesitant due to it being so long since using his gifts but the outcome would be worth it.

Mike Newton was walking down the hall alone, there were only a few students out, Newton was running a little behind schedule which wasn't like him, he wondered why for a brief moment but decided against it. As he walked by Nathaniel he fell into step with him. Nathaniel could hear Mike's heart rate pick up which made him bite back a chuckle.

"Hello Mike." He wrapped an arm around and clamped it on his arm, latching him in. "I think it's time you and I have a little chat." He grinned down at the look of fear fell over Mike Newton's face. He looked like he would pass out at any moment. "Don't worry it'll all be okay." He says as he guides the human the opposite way from where they came.

-

Nathaniel felt almost awkward standing there in the janitors closet with Mike Newton. He would've been scolded by his family if he skipped school with the kid so skipping class was the only other option he had on speaking with him in private. All of his siblings would be in their own classes so they would be preoccupied and Edward wasn't close enough to dig into his thoughts.

"Why are we in the janitors closet?" Mike questioned as he looked around inspecting all of the different colored bottle on the shelves. He unscrewed a cap to one a smelled it before gagging. Nathaniel watched him with amusement before perhaps slowly regretting deciding to recruit him.

"How are things with you and Isabella?" He asked his first question. Mike looked at him confused.

"Bella? Oh, well..." He blushed slightly before shrugging. "She's fine? We're just friends." He stated causing Nathaniel to smirk as he tilts his head slightly to the side. Mike felt awkward under his stare, he squared his shoulders off to make himself seem more confident.

"And you wish it to be more, am I right?" Nathaniel asks, his teeth coming out in a Cheshire like grin. He could tell he was making the human nervous, he almost forgotten what it was like to toy with humans. He can learn anything he wants from them if he asked the right questions.

"I mean yeah but I don't know. I think she's out of my league." Mike scratched the back of his neck as he said this. Nathaniel chuckles looking down to the ground feeling an unfamiliar feeling rise up. Looking back up flashing his copper eyes at the boy he contains himself, he can't lose himself here.

"I think you two would be great together, don't you agree?" He steps closer to Mike with their eyes connected. Mike looks back at him nodding slightly.

"Yeah I mean, I don't see it not be a possibility."

"Ask her to prom, she won't say no." He told him.

"I don't know she hasn't been here long." Nathaniels diverted his eyes back to his.

"Asking her to the prom is your only shot with her. Women like a man whose confident. If you don't ask her someone else will." Mike bobbed his head in agreement.

"Y-yeah your right. I have to ask her." Nathaniel began to grin, slapped his hand down on Mike's shoulder.

"Now that's more like it."

-

Starting up his car Nathaniel peeled out of his parking spot before driving around towards the entrance. The roads were slick from the rain. The orange truck that Nathaniel dreaded came in view with Bella besides it. The sound of squealing tires brought Nathaniel front and center as the van belonging to Tyler Crowley spun out of control coming towards Bella at a irrefutable speed for the parking lot.

As if time slowed in that moment Nathaniel quickly analyzed the situation and regardless on how he acts someone's blood is going to be spilled.

Slamming on the gas he sped his car up as fast as he could before slamming it into the van causing both vehicles to squeal against the asphalt before hitting a light pole which tipped over crashing on top of the orange truck.

~
Unedited

Vote/Comment

robbstark_