Seven

Nathaniel sat in a private hospital room with Carlisle, Edward and Rosalie who decided she needed to be there. Nathaniel reclined back in the bed, hands behind his head, one leg over the other.

"What do you want me to say?" He shrugged looking at Rosalie. "I'm sorry? Because I'm not. If I allowed that van to hit her-" Nathaniel was cut off by a nurse coming in. Carlisle put on a smile for the nurse greeting her.

"Dr. Cullen, Chief Swan is here to talk to Nathaniel."

"Kids let's go." He placed his hand on Rosalie's arm leading her out with Edward following behind. After they left Chief Swan walked in sporting a burly black mustache. He greeted Nathaniel who greeted him back.

"Am I in trouble officer?" He asked feigning a look of innocence.

"I just want to ask you a few questions regarding the accident I got a few reports of you speeding in the parking lot, and others stating you saved a students life."

Nathaniel contemplated his actions, he can play the hero or he can act as if it was a mere coincidence that their cars collided he decided the latter.

"Tyler was spinning out of control if I didn't do what I did someone could've been worst off then we are."

"Well that girl you saved was my daughter Bella. She told me the van was coming right for her when you rammed your car into Mr. Crowley's van. She was only a few feet away, you saved her life." He stuck his hand out. Nathaniel's brow quirked up as he reciprocated the action. He felt Charlie tense at the cool contrast of his skin.

"I'm only being a Good Samaritan and helping the endangered." He smirked to himself afterwards making Charlie give him an odd look. Nodding to himself he states he was done, thanking him again for saving his daughter before leaving. Nathaniel listened in until the footsteps faded before getting out of bed. Now that that was done he was ready to go home.

Walking down the hall he was confronted by Rosalie.

"What you did was irresponsible and could've exposed!" She snapped. Nathaniel rolled his eyes waltzing passed her.

"Give me a break Rosalina you're being over dramatic its not like I stopped it with my bare hands!" He quickly snapped at her. Before she can utter anything he continued. "If I didn't do what I did she would've been bleeding on the concrete and then that would've been a bigger problem so what you should be saying is thank you."

"Thank you?"

"You're welcome!" He grinned wickedly winking back at her.

"No-" He chuckled turning towards her.

"Excuse me?" Nathaniel's nostrils flared as he got a waft of the human who stood ahead of him, slowing him down. Rosalie glared at the back of Nathaniel's head before leaving him, her heels clacking their way down the hall.

"Yes?" He showed his pearly whites in a big smile. He witnessed the blush creeping up her face and her hammering heart. Works like a charm every time.

"You're Nathaniel right?" He knew very well that Bella knew who he was but was acting coy. He's felt her eyes on him more times then he'd like.

"Yes that would be me." He grinned again, deepening Bella's blush as she stumbled over her words.

"I heard and well s-saw what you did. You saved me. Thank you." Nathaniel's demeanor dropped slightly which didn't go unnoticed by Bella. His face went void of emotion.

"Better him than you getting hurt huh?" He queried before brushing by her. Bella lightly gasped feeling a brush of cool electricity run through her, she could've sworn he felt it too from his expression before it dropped to a scowl. She watched him as he walked down the hall out of sight.

-

The next three days went by in blur for Nathaniel. He felt an odd sensation that day in the hospital. The feeling was intoxicating, when they touched all he wanted was to do was sink his fangs into that sweet neck and drain the life out of her.

But there was another part which was foreign to him that wanted to do more than that. It was a strange feeling, perhaps similar to when he was with Kate but only more.

On that third day the junior class was taking a biology field trip which Nathaniel was dreading. He stood with Jasper, Edward and Alice away from the other students.

"Just remember to hold your breath." Jasper instructed before holding out contacts. He shook it off.

"I'll be fine." Edward stared at his brother with a knowing look. He was lying. He saw the thoughts that whirled around in his mind. It was sometimes like looking at a different version of his brother another version no one's ever saw before. It gave him a shimmer of hope. Thinking on the present situation of Nathaniel's blood singer Edward thought she was fascinating. He couldn't read her thoughts and Alice can't see anything about her future unless Nathaniel is involved.

Edward wondered if the situation could be better, if this girl can save Nathaniel from himself. He only thought this when Nathaniel saved the girl instead of letting the van crush her. He could've very easily drove away from the situation and the issue would have been resolved, but instead he saved her. Never in his hundred years has Nathaniel ever saved a life but rather ended one.

"Look at you huh? You're alive!" Mike exclaimed walking up to Bella with a confident grin. His plan was going in effect.

"Yeah, false alarm I guess." She brushed a stray hair away from her face. Nathaniel's eyes dropped to her neck for a moment before going back to her face.

"Hey I wanted to ask you, I know its like a month away, but do you wanna go to the prom with me?" Mike stood there for a brief moment as Bella was in her own head.

"So what do you think?" He asked quickly his confidence dropping and anxiety taking over when he realized Bella wasn't paying attention.

"About what?" She blinked a few times her focus back to Mike.

"Do you....want to go to the prom with me?"

"Oh! Prom. Dancing. Yeah not such a good idea for me. I have something that weekend anyways. I'm going to Jacksonville." Bella shrugs and Nathaniel held back a laugh.

"Can't you go another weekend?"

"Non-refundable ticket. Hey why don't you ask Jessica? I know she's been wanting to go with you."

Nathaniel couldn't help but smirk at the blatant rejection. He wasn't expecting that. Girls seem to take a liking to the Newman boy so he was sure Bella would say yes. Jessica obviously would and her friend Lauren. Cue her smiling and waving at Mike as Mr. Banner called for everyone to come onto the bus.

"Let's get this over with." He squared his shoulders back before heading on.

~

Vote/Comment

robbstark_