TGP Chapter 7: Playing Go

"How is this Go playing style any different than from when they were in their twenties and fifties in the previous life?!"
_______

Li Rong quietly looked at him.

Twenty year old Pei Wenxuan was much more handsome than the person in her memory, but the arrogance in his bones had not changed at all.

She knew that Pei Wenxuan was angry just by looking at his eyes. When he used to be Left Prime Minister Pei, he would argue with her when he was angry, which was understandable. Now that Pei Wenxuan was an eighth-rank minor official, where did he get the confidence to go against her?

Li Rong smiled gently. She stood up and looked at Pei Wenxuan who was kneeling on the ground and gently said: "Alright, Bengong's words have their weight, and there is a clear distinction between merits and grievances. You may talk to me, but before that, what should be done about your wrongs?"

"But this humble official does not know what he did wrong?"

"You tore my book."

Li Rong pointed to the book he had torn on the table: "Also, as for why the Heir of Ning suddenly fainted and the others could not come, perhaps Pei gongzi already knows the reason why?"

Hearing this, Pei Wenxuan's heart thumped. He didn't expect that Li Rong to be that sharp.

Did she send someone to keep an eye on him?

Pei Wenxuan had quite a few conjectures in his heart, but he remained calm on the surface: "How does the Princess wish to punish this humble official?"

"Jump into the lake."

Li Rong lifted her chin. Pei Wenxuan pressed his lips tightly and said nothing.

Seeing that he refused to do so, Li Rong knew that he must be furious inside, so she smiled and said, "You want to be my Prince Consort, but you feel wronged already?"

"The Princess knows that this humble official wants to be your Prince Consort?"

Pei Wenxuan brought his eyes up to look at Li Rong. Li Rong felt that this was funny: "Why else would you be here?"

Having said that, Li Rong didn't want to mess around with him anymore and bluntly said: "Either jump down there and talk or get out. I just want to remind you that once you leave, it won't be that easy to return."

Pei Wenxuan clenched his fist. His face turned pale with anger.

He seemed to be back in his previous life in an instant. He and Li Rong quarreled. Li Rong had always had sharp and clever words that made his blood boil in anger every time.

He was always calm when it came to everyone else, even when they humiliated him in the imperial court and came to his door to scold him. Most of these things would make people angry, but he rarely lost his composure. It was only with Li Rong that the moment he quarreled with her, he felt like he had lost ten years of his life.

When this woman quarreled, she was headstrong and unreasonable. He once thought that perhaps life after marriage changed her. Now it seemed that there was no such thing. It was clear that once she got married, she covered it up so well that he was completely in the dark.

This woman was a shrew in her bones, arrogant and unreasonable.

Pei Wenxuan saw that she didn't like him, and he had had enough. He knew that Li Rong must definitely keep someone back today, and that person would most likely be her husband in the future. Out of the handful of people, there was no one as suitable as him, and now she could only ask him to help.