Part 22

Chap 22

After rakhi, Imlie was very happy that her brothers were just adorable. She always thank god for it. She got busy in her work too she was again sent to another city. This time she told Aryan and her brothers that she is going and not to worry as its just on scam going on one of the govt schemes. They told her to be careful and kept tab on her.

Life was going on routinely, its been two months it was Imlie's birthday. She was sleeping when at 12 Aryan kissed her lips waking her up.
"Kya hai aru"she said half asleep.
"Happy birthday Imlie" he said pecking her lips again.
"Birthday?! Oh my god its my birthday!!! " suddenly fully awake and excited.
"Owww dhire" aryan closing his ears
"Mera birthday gift baby" she asked looking at him with puppy eyes.
"Laalchi log bhare meri life main" rolling his eyes.
"Anyways no gifts .. bohut gift gift khel liya" in serious tone
"Haww !! New rules! But why?! I want a gift do mujhe abhi ke abhi" she asked but she deep down she didnt care for gifts all she ever wants is his love and support.
"Pagal" taking our a folder and handing over to her. "I didnt know what to give so just thought to do this"
She took the folder and opened it, "Power of attonery" she muttered. She looked at him her eyes glistening "Aru no way! Plus mujhe ye sab mein interest nai hai. Ye lo" trying to hand him over "No" he said.
"Are i honestly dont want anything Aru. You know i was kidding all i want is you mere patidev" asking for a hug.
He hugged her and pinched her nose, "Nice try but this is my decision and nothing can change it not even you"
He had gotten a cake her favorite red velvet small . They cut and fed each other ofcourse taking a picture.
She checked her phone, none of her brothers wished her. It was her first bday that they havnt wished her. There was hurt on her face.
"Kya hua Imlie"
"Bhaiya .. they didnt wish me even Aarvi and Jhaanvi"she said realizing.
"Baba so gaye honge subha karlenge sab thodi meri tarah sweet hote hai"
Imlie scoffed at his smirk. "Whatever and yea maybe you are right" They both slept.

Next morning, as soon she woke up she checked . Nothing nada. But now she thought ok they must be busy and she shouldnt act like child and get disappointed. Aryan took Imlie shopping they roamed around the city and spent time with each other. Once home in evening, Imlie told Aryan if they can go to her brothers house, "They didnt wish me but i can go take their blessings before my bday is over. I was hurt in morning but now i feel i shouldnt be and go there ourselves"
"I am having headache baby please "
"Ok you rest but can i go please!" Aryan nodded
"Come tomorrow morning stay over i dont want you driving back alone at night" he said strictly.

Imlie got up and kissed him bye. She didnt Aryan that nagging feeling she been having today it seemed more. Birthday was an excuse she didnt feel something was right . Yet she still want to get their blessings.

The lights were on, so definitely they are home. She got out and took her keys out, opening the door and standing there shocked. All her brothers were present, Aarvi and Jhanvi had terrified look . They all looked up and saw Imlie, Yuvan seeing her threw a bottle on the floor angrily. He was crying. On the same glasses that were broken, he walked on it and came to Imlie, his feet bleeding.
"Yuvi be careful. Oh my god you are hurt. She took her sari pallu tearing it to cover  the wound"
She bent down to touch his leg but he pulled back.
"Kya kar rahe ho, doh mujhe kaach gus gaya bhi hoga please" she looked up feeling the pain of his brother.
"Don't!" He yelled.
She got up fearing firs time of him. "Kya hua hai. Sab kyu itne gusse udaas ho. Please bataye na?" Looking all of them, Rudra and Agastya was as angry and had angry tears, Avyay looked sad and disappointed and Stavya just had blank face. Aarvi started sobbing, she went to Aarvi, "Say please what happen? You are scaring me all of you" she pleaded.

"Jhaanvi please tell me and please he is not letting me touch him please taking care of his leg " Jhaanvi went and took Yuvi hand made him sit and checked his feet for glass pieces and then with her duppatta tied around the wound.
"Thank you" Imlie muttered.
Yuvi looked was looking down, his jaw clenched finally he spoke, "Imlie you know why Stavya didnt get married?" He asked not really wanting an answer

"Huh? What happened? I am confused where is this coming from?"
"You know WHY?!" He shouted Imlie flinched in reaction. Never seen her brothers ever in this state.
She shook her head scared of the scene in front of her. She felt her heart beat go really high. She stood there holding herself not to break.

"YOU!!" Pointing to her. Her face paled. Me? She thought? And why this? What happened here today ?

"He was young when mom passed away and you teeny baby. Since he was the eldest you know what he promised not knowing the seriousness of that promsie? He promised to take care of you like a mother, he promised he wont marry so his attention never gets decided. He loved a girl name Shravani but he couldnt marry her . She married someone else after waiting. He didnt back down. Just because of you. We knew it but we never told you because we loved you." He said calmly "We didnt  know we spoiled you too much "

Imlie stood there, blank not understanding but feeling the guilt. "Par i never.." she said softly
"Never what?" He got up and slapped her shocking everybody
"We should have done this when you were a kid just like other parents"
"YUVI" Aarvi shouted crying for Imlie. Imlie stood there holding her cheeks not knowing what she has done. She had enough.

"WHAT HAVE I DONE?! HOW WOULD I HAVE KNOWN?! I never wanted that i always wanted all you to be married!!"

She was breaking slowly, her brother slapped her more than the slap the accusing tone was hammering her.