~8~

Jumoke sighed in frustration before shutting the door and heading back to the living room.

She sat down on the one seater chair before rubbing her neatly packed braids.

“Fine. I don't care. Sleep here or whatever but I am not giving in to your invitation, deal or whatever.”She told him as she took in deep breathes before grabbing her laptop and attempting to walk in.

“Jummy!” She heard Joel call out to her as she turned to face him wondering what he wanted to say this time.

Truth be told, she felt uncomfortable about the thought of him actually staying over.

She expected him to walk out the door when she asked him to leave but he just sat there, not budging at her request.

It was her house and she felt she had the right to do whatever she wanted but she definitely didn't have the strength to continue this endless banter with Joel.

“You didn't answer my question.”He reminded her as Jumoke turned to him fully before dropping her laptop on the table and looking straight into his deep brown eyes.

She pretended to not be affected by his presence and decided to respond to him.

“What question?!” She asked, even though she recollected his question.

“How about being a real date?!” He asked, standing up and moving towards where she stood.

He stood right in front of her as Jumoke's eyes which were looking downwards raised up to meet his eyes.

Jumoke could immediately feel the heat from their proximity as his eyes stayed fixated on her lips.

Her breathing became irregular as her heart raced at the mere scent of him.

Jumoke gulped before trying to force her mouth to say something.

“I'm not interested in that either.”Jumoke stuttered hurriedly before moving away and scurrying off, forgetting her laptop.

Joel's lips curled into a smile as he sat back on the couch replaying Jumoke's expression before she ran off.

She definitely looked cute when nervous.

He chuckled before shaking his head and turning his attention to the paper bag in front of him.

He wasn't going to give up.

She was going to be his date, and open her heart to him again.

* * * * * * * * * * *
Jumoke quietly snuck out of her room to the living room, as she clutch tightly towards her hand bag and her extra bag with was empty.

She needed to grab her laptop and get the hell out of there.

She didn't care if he was at her house alone. She was hoping he would get bored and leave eventually.

The sight of Joel's sleeping figure made her eyes glue towards that direction.

He had slept off in a siting position with his head facing upwards.

That looked quite uncomfortable to her.

The thought of going to help him crossed her mind but she immediately decided to ignore that thought.

She grabbed her laptop from the table as she gently slipped it into her bag as she headed for the door.

Her mind just couldn't stop pestering her about the fact that he was sleeping so uncomfortably because of her.

But again, she tried to convince herself that it was all his fault. He was immature and unrealistic.

She thought he couldn't just get over the fact that she had liked him and was trying to rub the whole rejection in her face.