~4~

Jumoke's eyes slowly opened, as wondered how her legs hurt a lot.

She rubbed her hands on her eyes, as she was visited by an image of Demilade hovering over her with Jumoke's phone in her hand.

“Uhhh,see how my legs are paining me” Jumoke complained, rubbing her temples.

“Pele but I'm sure the pain will vanish by time I tell you what I've done ”Demilade told Jumoke, waving her phone in the air.

“What have you done? ”Jumoke asked anxiously as she sat uprightly.

Jumoke knew Demilade too well. She remembered Demilade once texting the head mistress of the school she worked it that she had to travel for kidney transplant for one of her sick uncles.

“Nothing, I just texted someone back and I have officially rescued your love life that was once plunging into the sea.” Demilade told Jumoke as Jumoke couldn't comprehend a word she said.

She snatched the phone from Demi's hand as the phone immediately opened on detecting her fingerprint and went straight to WhatsApp.

+234**********
Hey, so can we go out sometime?

“Demi, you make me look cheap and desperate?” Jumoke complained as Demilade laughed.

“Who is the person sef?” Jumoke asked, clicking on the chat.

Hey, it's Joel

Are you kidding me?” Jumoke asked raising her voice as she facepalmed herself.

“Nope, it's high time for you to complete your love story don't you think?” Demilade said teasingly.

“Ahn ahn, stop na. This is not funny na” Jumoke said, feeling uneasy again.

She grabbed her phone and texted again. Jumoke thought she could just tell him the truth since he knew Demilade but it would seem she was ignoring him on purpose.

She threw her phone on the bed before looking at Demilade in a fake angry look.

“Ma pada pa e leni {I'll finally kill you today}”Jumoke said before pouncing on Demilade as Demilade laughed, while trying to avoid her friends tickles.

Jumoke knew that Demilade as always been a ticklish person, just like she was.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Joel continued to watch Paw patrol with Jayden, who seemed to be dozing off.

Joel had no interest in the show, but had to put up with it for his nephew's sake.

His mind kept on wondering how Jummy had become uptight.

According to Kunle, she didn't show up today after she had assured Demi she was gonna come.

Demi had decided we should all go out, probably to an eatery or something, for old times sake.

Kunle eventually told him how he had heard her voice while speaking to Demi.

He honestly had been looking forwards to seeing her.

She was very great at avoiding him, because she was never really free. From teaching kids to talking to parents, then school meetings and many more.

He heard a text come into his phone, and saw it was from Jumoke's number.

He read the text, and came to a conclusion that it was Demi, because she knew they were presently together and Jumoke wasn't this bold and brash.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“I'm very serious, Demilade. I have to rest and prepare for work tomorrow ”Jumoke complained for the fifth time in five minutes.

“You know, you aren't the only one that needs to go to work tomorrow ” Demilade stated as Jumoke sighed, before placing her chin on her knuckles.