~14~

Demilade definitely felt something was off about Jumoke's sudden change of attitude.

She didn't exactly know what it was or what had made her all tensed up when she was laughing and had that twinkle in her eyes, barely a second ago.

She tried to replay their conversation in her head, wondering what she had said wrong to get her kicked out so suddenly.

She would have thought that her friend just needed some alone time to cozy up with Joel but the sudden change in her voice and body language, and the fact that twinkle or glimpse of happiness in her eyes had disappeared within a split second.

She rested on her car and pondered on it as she fiddled with her fingers for a few minutes.

But suddenly, the sight of Joel furiously stomping out of her house as he got into the car across the street brought her out of her thoughts as he eyes fixated on his car which he hadn't started up it's engines.

She slowly walked towards his car, making her curiosity get the best of her and she spotted Joel in his car's driver seat with his head resting on his steering wheel and his arms wrapped around his head.

Demilade knocked on his car window as gently as possible, as his head slowly lifted off the steering wheel and looking towards her but she read disappointment in his eyes when he recognised her face.

He wound down his window as he looked towards Demilade not hiding his sad and hurt expression.

"Are you okay?!" Demilade asked curiously as he wondered if his stomping out was associated with Jumoke's sudden anger few minutes ago.

She just knew something had happened between Jumoke and Joel again and she didn't like this fact.

It was obvious they both loved each other, even right from secondary school but they kept messing things up for themselves.

"Yeah, I'm fine" He replied curtly as he couldn't hide the sadness laced in his voice.

"You sure?!" Demilade asked again as he sighed, looking back at her.

He definitely just wanted to be alone and clear his head right now, but he understood that Demilade was just being concerned, as a good friend she was to him.

"Yeah"He replied as Demilade nodded understanding that he needed some space.

"Oh, okay. Then I better get going. See you at the dinner event" Demilade told him, stylishly reminding him about the reunion which was around the corner.

Joel nodded curtly as Demilade walked away from his car heading to her own car.

Something immediately flickered in Joel's mind as he found himself calling out to Demilade.

Demilade looked at him in confusion as she walked back towards Joel, with a questioning look on her face.

She wondered why he had called her back.

"I feel you should head back to Jumoke. She probably needs you" Joel told her as no matter how angry he felt, he felt concerned and worried about her.

And the image of her sobbing whilst they were arguing didn't leave his head for one minute.

The only way he could help was by asking Demilade to check up on her.

Demilade was taken aback by his request and the fact he called her Jumoke and not Jummy.

She could not help but imagine how serious the issue was or what exactly had happened in there.

She nodded as Joel turned on the car engine before zooming off.