~3~

Jumoke didn't know how to react right now

Jumoke didn't know how to react right now. Jumoke thought about the fact that it's been five long years, she didn't have to be so childish about the whole situation.

“Uhrm, do I know you from somewhere? ” Jumoke said as she almost face palmed herself. She knew too well who it was. She didn't want to seem like some love struck woman who still held on to a highschool crush.

“Joel, from secondary school, remember?” Joel asked her as she nodded, pretending to just remember him.

“Oh my, Joel, it's been such a long time” She said amidst laughter.

“So Jayden is your..”  She started off as Joel immediately completed her sentence.

“Nephew” Joel completed as Jumoke laughed at his jumpiness.

Joel didn't want her getting a wrong idea.

“Yeah, I know” Jumoke said with an awkward laughter as she all of a sudden found her papers more interesting.

Jumoke's phone started buzzing as she pulled it out from her pocket, signalling to Joel for him to give her a minute.

“Yes, I was just on my way with the test scores” Jumoke spoke to the person on the phone.

“I'm so sorry, but I really have to get going.” Jumoke told Joel with a sorry look, as she pinched Jayden in the cheek before hurriedly walking away.

Joel didn't want her to leave, but she had already left. A small smile played it's way to his lips as he thought of her.

As Jumoke walked away, she let out a relieved sigh before wiping off sweat from her forehead.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
As Jumoke walked into her apartment, she groaned and dumped her bag on the table plunging into the couch opposite it.

She was really hungry but she was too tired to lift a finger in the kitchen. This hadn't been the first time Jumoke goes to bed without eating.

She quickly freshened up and got into her pyjamas before heading back to the kitchen. She quickly prepared a cup of tea then grabbed the bottle of sleeping pills in the first drawer.

She took it up to her room, and used the pill with the cup of tea.

Jumoke was really stressed out from today's work, she could barely feel her hands.

She immediately flashed back towards the time she bumped into Joel. Her heart sprouted with different emotions.

Jumoke smiled at the fact that he was still as nice and sweet as before. He was also still very handsome.

She also thought of her graduation day. She couldn't hate him because she couldn't force him to like her but she was very hurt.

Jumoke had learnt the art of leaving the past and moving forward.