CH: 71 He confessed

CH: 71 He confessed

(Rosemary POV)

How did I let this happen? How did I not think that this would happen?

Of course, these parents would react this way. Why did I think they wouldn't?

"Red and Kendell aren't answering the phone," Jamison said next to me.

"Do you happen to remember if the agents were the ones who brought the parents to my building, or did they drive themselves there?" I asked Jamison. If the agents drove the parents, we would be able to call the agents to see if they were still with the parents. That way, if they were still with the parents, we would be able to have the agents prevent them from doing anything.

I glanced at Jamison as he was quiet and noticed a concerned facial expression.

"What is it?" I asked in a wary tone.

Jamison let out a sigh, and from that moment, I knew what he would tell me wasn't going to help the situation.

"I saw the boy's dads with car keys. So, I think they all came to your lab separately, which means the agents are not with them." Jamison said, and I increased my speed as soon as he finished his sentence.

"Rosemary, be careful with the speed," Jamison said.

"We have to get there quickly," I said, increasing my speed.

"Bambi. Thank you, I want to arrive there alive, not as a ghost." He said, causing my eye to twitch.

"I know you're worried, but the others are there, and they're not going to let anything happen. Okay?" Jamison said. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. Yes, he was right about that. The others were most likely there.

Especially Natalie, Natalie wouldn't let them do something that could take them away from the rest of their family. She wouldn't let them do something that could make Jacob and Jonathan sadder with everything going on.

"Okay, you're right about that. The others wouldn't let anything happen. They would stop them as best as they could." I said, letting myself feel less worried.

"Exactly, besides. The police will be surrounding the place and won't let anything happen to him. We're also almost there anyway. We are like, what? Ten minutes away or something? Especially with the way you've been driving." He said.

I rolled my eyes at what he said and spoke. "We are seven minutes away, and my driving was because of that," I told him sweetly.

He let out a chuckle as we both glanced at each other.

"Oh, trust me. I do not deny that at all." He said, his eyes widened.

"What the fuck." I said as I noticed tons of news reporters, police cars, and black cars that I was sure belonged to agents.

"What the hell is going on?" Jamison said. We were suddenly blocked by police cars parked from letting any vehicles continue to go through.

"Something happened," Jamison said.

"Yeah, something did; come on, let's get out," I said. We both got out of the car, and before the approaching officer could tell us to leave, Agent Brown yelled my name and Jamisons.

"Dr. Lavender. Jamison. He said."

The officer, who I was sure would tell us that we couldn't be here, probably not knowing who we were, then took a step back and let us go through.

"What's happening?" I asked him.

He sighed and pointed to the top of the apartment building.

Jamison and I followed to where he was pointing, and our eyes widened.