CH. 36 Whatever you want to know

(Jamison POV)

I was someone who never opened up to anyone, I never bothered to, what was the point if people come and go anyway.

Yet, here I am wanting to open up to her, also knowing that there's a chance when I do, that she'll open up as well.

So when she told me she was okay with that, I was immediately thrilled about the whole thing.

I went back to sitting down and gave her a smile.

I could tell by the curious look on her face, she was curious about what my mind was thinking and I wanted to chuckle at the look that was on her face but held myself back from doing so.

"Well, I'll start since I am the one who suggested it. Okay, as you know or get the gist of. My mother, or should I say Birth Giver since she really wasn't a mother figure at all. Wasn't the best human beings." I said, getting the same sour taste I've gotten in my mouth whenever I would even think of that woman, let along discuss her.

"She would bring her clients, or whatever she wanted to call them in the place we were living and perform her work. Most of the time she didn't want her clients knowing she had a kid but I believe some of them would know or figure it out when they catch a glimpse of certain things around the kitchen floor or place." I said, recalling a time she stormed into my room yelling at me and throwing a toy truck that hit me on the chest.

She said I ruined a good client experience because I had left the toy truck on the kitchen floor.

"I usually clean up after myself pretty well, quickly also, but I remember that day she was rushing me, rushing me more than usual and I ended up forgetting I left a truck in the kitchen which was something that I usually don't do and she would have known that, that it was out of character for me to that. So you would think she wouldn't react the way she did." I said, a humorless laugh exiting from my lips.

"I think those were one of those days where I really cried, why I couldn't believe that as a child, that this was happening to me. I just felt like, this wasn't how a mother was supposed to treat their child. You know what I mean? Their own flesh and blood, but I found out from an early age that sometimes family members can be horrible to you. Even your own mother." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"I hated when she would call her clients my uncles. It's as if she was trying to make it seem like she wasn't that much of an unfit mother when anyone in their right mind would see that she was. You know the thing is if she was actually a good mother. A loving mother but was still doing something like this, then I wouldn't care. I would know she was working to provide for us. It's just she wasn't, she wasn't in the right mind. She was a crack head prostitute. That's why I thought all those ghosts I saw were just a figure of my imagination. I thought I somehow made them all up." I said.

I recalled a time I was called a troublemaker by my mom because of something a ghost did, it was an old woman and she was furious with what my mom was doing.

I remember the old woman was looking at me with such sad eyes and I remember a glass cup was thrown at my mother but missed her. My mother thought it was me who did it and I got a spanked for an hour that day.

When I tried to tell her it wasn't me, she kept telling me that I was a trouble maker.

I remember the woman told me to tell her it was her who did it, told me to say her name.

I told my mom exactly what the woman said and I saw the color drain from her face.

"How do you know who that is?" She asked me, grabbing me by my shoulders and shaking me.