CH. 39 Something we have to do

(Rosemary POV)

I was in the kitchen, it was already the next day, and it was morning.

I was in the kitchen with a cup of coffee; I woke up early. I woke up at 4.am and started working.

Today was the day for business.

My sister and the young boy, who she was able to adopt, will be arriving soon.

While I was up, I worked on the machine, got some information done, and improved it so more.

The machine I am working on is a machine that would be able to help the forensic science world. Especially when I was finished with it.

I was waiting on confirmation regarding the information the agents were getting on Natalie Musco.

I, for one, knew she was the woman, who I was performing the autopsy on, and the girls proved that. So there would be no surprise to me when the agents call me to confirm it.

"You're up early." I look up to find Jamison approaching me.

His hair was a mess, and for some reason, the way he looked tugged my heart.

What the hell? Why am I finding him attractive this early in the morning?

"How did you sleep? Beautiful." He asked me as he took my coffee out of my hand and took a sip.

He stared at me as he did so, was he testing me? To see how I would react to what he just did? I watched his eyes widened, taken back.

Was there something on my face? Or did his eyes widened because I haven't said anything yet regarding him taking my coffee?

If he had done to me before I had the feelings I had for him right now, I would have probably told him he had no right to do what he just did, but I just shrugged my shoulders and answered his question.

"I slept how I regularly sleep, I was up at four, so I started to do some work and just got downstairs about 15 minutes ago to make coffee, my sister told me she landed and is on her way with the boy," I told him.

His eyes widened. "You said you woke up at four?" He asked, and I nodded my head because that was what I said, so he was asking me to repeat myself.

"Yes, I didn't think I have to repeat myself if you heard what I said," I told him.

He chuckled, rolling his eyes.

"Typical Bambi move. You know you could have woke me up." He said, placing the coffee down on the kitchen counter.

He leaned his chin on top of my head and pulled me into a hug.

"I would have loved to be up with you." He said, rubbing my shoulders.

I honestly didn't even know what to say to that, how do I even respond to what he just said.

So like always when I don't know what to say to something, I just say.

"Hmmm."

He let out a small chuckle and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"You're so cute." He said, causing my face to feel hot.

He pulled back when a knock came from the front door.

I pulled back as well, to head towards the front door and found Jamison walking right next to me.

I raised a brow to that, but let it happen.

I opened the door to find my sister, next to her was a young boy.