𝟙𝟘

𝒟𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂 𝒫𝒪𝒱

Metal taps against mahogany steadily, filling the waiting silence. I never had a preference for any type of pen; the fountain pens sitting on my desk were for purely comedic purposes. Having such outdated writing instruments around so much modern technology is just freakin hilarious. To me anyway.

I would even have had quills with little pots of ink if it wasn't for Leia who doesn't let fun within a miles reach of me.

Exhaustion creeps up out of the fading layer of caffeine and I frown at the empty cup on the table. It's thrown into the trash carelessly, as I rest my forehead in my palm.

Although I mostly just want to annoy him, I do want to know what George thinks of the place. Leia was right; I don't agree with people often. If I'm being completely honest with myself, he could be a real asset to the company.

I shake my head, clearing my wandering mind. A simple conversation is enough for now. I have no desire to hire a thieving and extremely clumsy Brit at the moment.

My eyes fall on the door at the single sharp knock, Ranboo's tall frame entering first. "Thank you Ranboo." I tell him kindly, returning his smile. He slips out the door, closing it behind him, leaving George inside with a nod.

I watch him take a deep breath, walking towards me as he looks around. He seems to be suppressing the urge to fidget, shoving his hands into his pockets instead. I also don't think he gets his suits tailored, because the pants are a little too long.

"So, this is why you looked at me all starry eyed this morning." I try not to smile at his unfortunate situation and fail miserably. I mean come on, how do you get that unlucky?

"If you call horror starry eyed." He returns weakly. I follow his gaze, turning to find out what he's staring at. Oh right. Although I've gotten used to my view, sometimes I even get distracted by it at certain times. The sunset takes priority over most things, so I let him have a moment to stare at its beauty.

"Was there a reason you called me up here?" He asks impassively and I look up from my laced fingers.

"Apart from laughing at this disaster?" He scowls and I stand, making my way to the front of my desk. "I guess I wanted to thank you for taking care of my newer recruits today. Nick mentioned you were very helpful."

He looks surprised, unable to push down the smile that tugs at his lips. "Nick?"

"Ah, Sapnap?" I reattempted. Realization spreads across his features.

"Right, yeah. You're welcome, I think? It was my job." He shrugs. I study him for a few moments, noting the way he avoids my eyes and his overall uncomfortable stance.

"Anyway, I didn't call you up here for that." I rub my nose catching his cheeky yeah, I didn't think so. Ignoring it, I lean over, grabbing the cream file folder off the floor. It's offered to him, coffee-stained side facing toward him.

He rolls his eyes. "Really?"

"Hey, it's not my fault you're uncoordinated and inattentive." I offer carelessly, examining my watch as he opens the file up, skimming its contents. I glance up at a sharp and excited inhale, a sound I know like the back of my hand. Most people react to my work like that.

"Hand tracking, like I said. But this is extremely advanced. Nothing like the simple programs out right now." He comments, scrutinizing the paper he was looking at before flipping it over. "You've already started working on it?"

"I thought about it a few days ago." I provide. He watches as I lean back against my desk, crossing my arms in a casual lean. "Polished them up today. But I wasn't expecting anyone else to really think about it, especially not so quickly on the spot like that."