𝟚𝟙

Hello <3

//

𝒟𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂 𝒫𝒪𝒱

Three sharp knocks sound on my door, and I tell him to come in before he can ask. "Daniel's been looking for you."

"Tell him to fuck off."

He clacks over to my desk, straightening the pen holder. His suit was a steel grey today, leaving behind his usual basketball shorts. His tie bar gleams in the morning light. "I don't think he'd appreciate that kind of language."

"He knows exactly where to find me. Just ignore him until he realizes he's not getting an escort. Asshole acts like King fucking Charles." I type harshly into my laptop, looking up when he stays quiet. "What?"

"You haven't come back to the apartment for a while And Leia said you've been here, just not being yourself. Is everything okay?" Sapnap asks, raising an eyebrow.

Massaging my arms that have fallen asleep from resting on my table for hours, I slowly exhale into my hands. I made the mistake of telling her what happened and she just left looking disappointed, muttering how I'll never learn.

"No, everything sucks right now. So you'd understand why I really don't want to see Daniel." He purses his lips in sympathy as the anger slowly dies with each word, replacing itself with cold-hearted exhaustion that weighed me down like a block of ice.

"Does it have something to do with George?"

"Why would it have anything to do with him?" I ask after a moment.

"I saw him leaving a few days ago. Looking a little upset." He says carefully. "And he hasn't been back since...so,"

I wince at the memory. Pearly tears welling up in his eyes with a try at a stoic expression. Long eyelashes against flushed cheeks and his bottom lip a bitten rose, probably to stop himself from yelling at me. I told him we were friends just a few days prior, just to turn around and tell him to get lost. I'm a grade A fucking asshole, and I know it. Leia knows it. And Sapnap's about to.

"Do you remember that night after the paparazzi found your old apartment?" Sapnap winces at the memory and I look down.

I stay looking at the floor when his chin snaps up, remembering what exactly I was talking about. "You didn't. Tell me you didn't before I beat your ass."

"To be fair, it wasn't really a choice." I defend, lying more than anything. "Daniel said some bullshit about keeping our company secrets out of a stranger's hands."

"You fucking dumbass." He sees right through me. I never listen to Daniel unless I really want to. Which happens, never. "You're calling him a stranger now?"

"You know that's not what I'm–"

"You were happy. Enjoying your work for the first time in a long time." Sapnap interrupts, sitting in the chair in front of my desk. "You need that with all the shit going on. And I think you took it away from him too."

"You act like I'm fucking depressed. We had some good times, but you know what it's like Sap. God forbid I let that happen to him. Is that so bad?" I retaliate half-heartedly.

"You really think you're the shit." Sapnap rolls his eyes. "You're not saving anyone by staying away from them Dream. Have you ever thought to ask him if he would be okay with it? Why didn't you let him make the decision himself? You probably made him think that you think you're too good for him!"

"He's too good for me." My voice comes out cracked and defeated.

"Listen to me." He softens. "You don't let anyone in your car, let alone drive them to your apartment when they get wasted after knowing them for like two weeks," He exhales tiredly. "But you let him. Because you decided that he was a chill person and he deserved it. Doing all this now, it's just bullshit and if you had half a brain cell leftover from your geeky shit, you'd understand that."