𝟙𝟛

𝒢𝑒𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒 𝒫𝒪𝒱

Wilbur: Almost here, gotta pick up Tommy. Haven't told him I'm coming home early so don't tell him

Me: Alright, see you later Wil

"I'm too socially awkward for this shit." Tubbo paces back and forth in the car park, and I stand leaning against his car watching him, phone in hand. His voice has raised a whole octave, sweat starting to slowly bead on his neck thanks to his effort in the sun. "God dammit George. I'm gonna regret this. You know when I regret being social? Every time. Always. This sucks. This sucks–"

"Tubbo," I drawl, watching him with humor. "Those kids are just as nerdy and socially awkward as you are. Just relax."

"How am I supposed to relax? Here I am in the car park of one of the most famous game development companies and there's going to be genius kids in there George and they're all going to think I'm stupid." He stresses, red in the face.

"And guess who got into the program too?" I ask, poking a finger into his chest. "That's you. Now come on, it's hot." I walk past him and he jogs to keep up with me, mumbling curses at my feet.

I check that he has his badge from yesterday, giving him a reassuring smile before pushing us through the revolving doors. Ah, air conditioning. We both exhale in relief, watching as a drone whirrs down, scanning our badges. Micheal waves at us and we make our way over to the reception desk.

"Hey bud. Ready for your first day?" Micheal asks Tubbo.

"Not really." Tubbo answers honestly. "I'm quite nervous to be honest."

"Aw you'll fit right in." Micheal waves his hand, typing into his computer. "You two are gonna need new badges. Just one moment."

We watch as new badges, bright intern blue instead of visiter grey, come out of the machine, lasers accompanying their release. Micheal presses the button impatiently, shutting the colored lights off as quickly as possible. "Anyway, these let you go wherever your group leader allows you. They can also restrict your access or ban you from areas, trust me it happens with you lot." He chuckles.

"Oh also, Dream gave you access to the Crows Nest." He says to me, handing us our respective badges. I nod and we hand him our old ones, watching as they get tossed in the bin. "Alright, you guys are on floor 23. There's going to be a lab on your left."

"The what? Crow's Nest?" Tubbo asks, and I usher him toward the lift. It opens immediately, revealing the teenage boy with the weird nickname that accompanied me to Dream's office yesterday. He's wearing a similar fit from yesterday, with the exception of a black surgical mask. I watch as Tubbo breathes out, most of the stress visibly draining out of him. "Ranboo!"

"Tubbo! I didn't think your first day would be so soon..." The tall teenager looks back and forth between us. "Oh, makes sense why Mr. Dream called you up. It was for the guardian paperwork huh?"

"Not exactly." I laugh. "Are you going to floor 23 too?"

"Yeah, they told me to go fetch a new intern. I didn't know it was you dude." Ranboo's eyes crinkle, bumping Tubbo's raised fist. "Let's go then."

We arrive on the 23rd floor and the air escapes from my lungs as I look around a science nerd's playground. I can immediately tell Tubbo hasn't been here before. Childish awe and curiosity fill his eyes as Ranboo chuckles softly.

"This is a VR company," I can't help but say loudly, pinching my brow. "Why does it look like an episode of Breaking Bad in there?"

"Ah, ah. DreamTech. Not DreamVR. Remember? Ah, good to see you Tubbo," A deep voice chastises me from a foot above my head. I jump, whirling around.