𝟜𝟜

Guys, I got carried away again. Final chapter is next time, and epilogue is gonna be after that 💀

//

𝒢𝑒𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒 𝒫𝒪𝒱

"You hired my ex, Dream. Are you really saying you find nothing wrong with that?"

His features betrayed nothing, but the turbulent drumming of his fingers against his thigh revealed his perfect disguise. I wish he had just kept quiet. Maybe I would have found out on my own, rather, it was more than likely. But at least it wouldn't be now.

Another sneaky glance upward and I find it a little bit harder to look away. We had both changed into more comfortable attire, and as much as Dream looked good in a suit, there was something about him in an oversized t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants that was so incredibly cute.

"We were talking about it even before you broke up." He reasons. "George, I'm not patting myself on the back or anything, but working at DTech is his dream, it has been for a long time."

Guilt slams into me instantly. Cameron has always looked out for me and had my best intentions at heart. Now here I was complaining about him being hired into his dream company, something that he had aspired towards his entire college career. Although that wasn't really the core issue, it still felt shitty of me.

"Hey," Dream mumbles gently. I raise my chin up to look at him once more. "You're one of the most selfless people I know. I don't really think you don't want Cameron to have the job. So tell me what you're really worried about."

Panic.

It's the first thing I feel when those sincere words spill from his lips. Never had I felt anything like this before. Hell, it was completely illogical in multiple ways, I'm smart enough to understand that. But, I've also never felt this particular emotion at such a high intensity.

I think...I think I'm feeling a bit possessive.

It was stupid. And crazy. There was no reason for feeling like this. But in a weird way, I understand the subconscious thought process. Cameron is my ex. Dream is my boyfriend. Cameron has had an infatuation with him from the very beginning, at least about tech-related stuff, until recently when they met for the first time.

I remember that time back in the cafe. Maybe it was another sign that I really wasn't as invested into my previous relationship as I wanted to be. But Cameron had called Dream hot or something, and I didn't give it a second thought.

I'm not sure how I'd react if Dream called someone else attractive in that context, but I'm sure it wouldn't be anything close to indifference.

"George?"

"Hm?"

I clear the haze of thought from my gaze, taking a breath. This is going to be embarrassing. But Dream would see my bullshit from a mile away if I try and lie, so there's nothing I can tell but the truth.

"This is stupid." I warn.

"If it's bothering you, then it's not." He retorts immediately. I chew on the inside of my lip, trying not to roll my eyes. He's definitely not going to be thinking that after I say it.

"He really likes you," I mumble finally. He stares at me, cluelessly. With a slow sigh, I clarify. "Cameron. He really likes you."

"Uhh." Dream blinks. "I know? I mean, I know he's been a fan–"

"No you idiot," I resist the urge to drag my palm across my face. Again, so smart yet so stupid. "He finds you attractive."

Dream blinks again. "I don't really mind. If you're worried that I'll get weirded out–" He catches my expression and falls silent. I'm sure the look on my face is something between twisted disbelief and uncontrollable laughter, because I'm really going to have to spell this out for him.