Chapter 23: Skylar

"But, if you guys cared about me, why did you guys talk to me so hatefully? Like a lot of that did not seem like an act. It seemed pretty genuine."

"Well, when we first agreed to the deal we didn't really bully you, and we weren't very disrespectful or rude to you." Ally says.

"But, Amaya and Taylor saw that and said that we're breaking the deal if we don't do that." Dinah adds.

"We had to do it and there was no way around it. But, it was still hard. So, I guess we all kind of decided to play a role whenever we were around you to make it easier." Lauren says.

"We'd do our best to forget about the history we all had with you and act like we didn't know you." Camila adds.

"After a point, whenever we saw you, you just became the girl we have to bully. It sucked, but we felt like that was what we had to do." Dinah says.

"Fine, say that I understand why you had to do it. But, that still doesn't explain why you guys wouldn't let me date Matt or be friends with Maia. That has nothing to do with bullying, that's just being complete assholes." I reply.

"Matt's just not good news." Ally says.

"You keep saying that, but you don't ever give me a single reason. Which makes me believe that there isn't a reason to begin with."

"The reason we don't want you to date Matt is because of what he did to Bella." Camila says.

"What did he do to Bella?"

"He cheated on her, Sky, multiple times."

"And, he even tried to rape her while she was drunk." Normani says, "Luckily, I was there to stop it."

My heart feels like it dropped out of my chest after I hear the words that just came out of their mouths.

"No. Way. You're lying." I say in shock.

"We're not."

"There's no way that's true. It's Matt. He wouldn't hurt a fly." I mumble to myself.

"I'm sorry Sky, but it's true." Camila says.

"That's why we were so against you guys dating." Dinah says.

"We're sorry that we did it the way we did, but we knew if we were nice about it you wouldn't listen to us." Lauren says.

"We were just worried about you Sky. We didn't want what happened to Bella to happen to you and we knew that you had no idea about any of that since Bella wanted to keep it private." Ally adds.

"We just wanted to protect you Sky. I know it came off horrible, but there was no other way to protect you since we agreed to that deal." Camila says, quietly.

"W-what about M-Maia?"

Camila sighs, "Maia's done a lot of bad shit too in her past, but I'm not going to lie she's not a bad person."

"Then why didn't you let me be friends with her anymore?"

"I'll be honest. I guess I was just jealous." Camila mumbles, "I know I had absolutely no right to feel that way after everything I've done to you, but I don't know it sucked seeing you and Maia hangout. When she came to the thing we planned with you, Erin, Shawn and I, and I guess I was just upset. I was upset that she got to be friends with you the way we were before, and I hated seeing it all the time, so that's why I told you to cut her off that day. But, I regretted saying that after I saw how broken it made you. I regretted it so much Skylar, but I didn't know what to say or do about it. I know what I did was horrible and I am honestly so, so sorry."

I'm speechless after everything I just heard. I don't even know what to think. All I can do is stare at the floor, while I process everything I just heard.

After a few minutes of silence, I finally speak up, "why are you guys telling me this? What do you expect me to do after hearing this? Forgive you?"

"No Sky, we know you'll probably never forgive us. As sad as that is, we're okay with that because that's what we deserve." Ally says, sadly.

"We're telling you this because we just want you to understand." Normani says.

"We didn't do this because we chose to or wanted to. At the time, we thought it was the only option to not see you hurt like that again. We didn't want to see you get hurt the way you were in middle school, and no one has physically hurt you that badly since then. We just wanted to protect you." Camila says.

"Like Ally said, we know you'll probably never forgive us for this. It sucks, but we get it. We just hope you understand that we never wanted to do this to you." Lauren says.

"Also, we're never going to hurt you like we did before. We just can't keep doing this. We'll do everything we can to make sure Amaya, Taylor, and their friend group doesn't come after you because we broke the deal. I hope one day, down the line, you will be able to forgive us. I know it's not going to be anytime soon, but I hope you know, we'll keep doing everything we can for the rest of our lives to make up for what we did to you." Dinah says.

I sigh, rubbing my temple, "God, this is giving me a headache. I need to go home."

The all look at me with sad eyes, but they still get out of my way.

I make my way downstairs and head for the front door.

"I can drive you home." Camila says, making her way down the stairs.

"No, I'm fine. I can just walk."

"That's a mile walk. I'll just drive you. Come on."

I sigh, knowing she's not going to let it go, I follow her to her car.

The car ride home is extremely quiet. I just stare out the window the entire time, not daring to look at her. Once we get to my house, I am about to open the door, but Camila locks it.

"Wait," she says.

"What Camila?" I groan a little.

"D-do you think you could ever forgive us. Or understand?"

"I don't know. I don't even know what I'm thinking right now, so how can I tell you about what I might feel in the future?"

"I just- I really hope you understand we never wanted this. We missed you so much Skylar. This was and always will be the worst thing we ever had to do. I know my words mean absolutely nothing, but I just hope you know."

I sigh, "yeah, Camila, I heard you. I'm going to go inside now," I say, unlocking the car door to head inside my house.

"Okay," I hear Camila mumble.

I close her door, and walk into my house, still not fully processing what just happened. 

What do I even do about this? Should I forgive them? Should I ever even talk to Matt? One thing's for sure, I am reaching back out to Maia again.

A/N: Hey guys! After hearing the whole story, do you think Skylar should forgive the girls? Should she talk to Matt again? Also, please keep voting for each chapter thought because it def encourages me to finish chapters quicker! Thank you for all your votes on the previous chapters!