Chapter 1

AN- Before we begin reading this story, please let me notify you that this book has extreme sexual content. Please read and don't get offended. If you don't like it, you may leave. There is one scene that might seem a bit goreish. I appreciate you for reading this note.

You may begin :) Enjoy <3

I gazed numbly at the stone. The name inscribed on it made my heart pound with sadness. I had cried my tears and the black dresses and suits made it even more surreal that she was gone. I didn’t mind much of the rain. Sad days seemed to make disappointing weather. It was too bad that I was kin to her. I hadn’t spoken to her in 10 or 11 years when I had been taken away from my home. I live a gracious life now. Luxury most call it, but I call it harsh.

The preacher was speaking a verse from the Bible. “First Corinthians chapter 15 verse 42 through 44 reads: So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; and it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body…” I tuned him out and listened to the rain pouring loudly. Everyone had umbrellas, afraid to get wet.

I had a hood over my face, my head bowed. I lifted my face up as the preacher walked up and a woman stood behind the podium. She immediately started talking into the microphone.

“We are here today to say goodbye to this wonderful person. She had loved me, cherished me, helped me through the worst of the worst, and most of all she was my mother who gave me what I needed,” the woman paused and tears fell down her face as she grieved for her loss. “We must keep our mothers close to our hearts, and this means our loved ones as well. Or tomorrow they could be-” her voice broke and she started sobbing. Her body shook in complete pain. I sighed, bowing my head and letting a single tear slip down my face. A man came and grabbed the woman who could barely stand now. He helped her along, whispering things that were to comfort her.

Another person after another stood and spoke. After everyone had left to some unknown place, I still stood. Thunder howled through the sky and vibrated the ground beneath. The sun was nowhere to be found and gray clouds darkened this part of the earth. I stared at the glossy black coffin. Two men and the preacher stood, about to start lowering it. They focus on me as if they are waiting for my departure. I proceeded over to them and pulled out a bright yellow sunflower. She loved sunflowers. I remembered that bit about her. The other flowers were dark reds, blues, and blacks. Only depressing colors. I sat the yellow flower in the middle of the bunch and ran my fingers along the casket. I sighed and closed my eyes, saying not only a prayer of hope for her to find peace in heaven, but also a goodbye to the lady who had birthed me. Though, I wasn’t allowed to see her.

“Excuse me,” the preacher came up to me and looked at me. I looked into his washed-out blue eyes and pale skin. “Did you know her?”

“Yes,” I whispered it coldly, my emotions had disappeared like a switch.

“Do you know where her daughter is?” he asked, almost as if he didn’t know if I was a woman or a man.

“What is her name?” I questioned before looking back to the coffin.

“Lilllian,” he replied and the rain stopped in seconds. “Lillian Inessa.”

I looked back at the preacher and slipped my hood off for him to see. “I am her. I am Lillian Inessa.”

He looked at me, a bit surprised. “Ah, your mother told me about many things.”

“She was a good woman until I had to leave her.” I stared at the droplets on the flowers.

“She wanted me to give you this.” He pulled a letter out and handed it to me. “She had given me your address but said that she’d rather have me give it to you in person.”