Chapter 13

Days went by and I was sitting at the stove pushing the chicken back and forth. I added the vegetables around and listened to the cooking food.

I heard the door open and close before voices sounded. I figured the food was done and added it to a bowl.

“I don’t fucking care if she messed the sheet up. It’s her job to be professional. She shouldn’t have touched it in the first place because she realized there was an extra decimal.”

Milo replied, “She was trying to help. It was her second day.”

“It was not her position to do it.”

“You really shouldn’t be so hard on people.”

They entered the kitchen and I continued to pour the sauce onto the food.

“Baby,” Milo greeted. He walked up to me and grabbed my waist before planting small kisses along my neck.

“Amilios, why are you in a bad mood?” I asked.

“One of the newly hired girls decided to touch my sheets and correct my extra added decimal and deleted my edited parts that I had gone through four times before completing it.”

“I see. You yelled at her?”

“I fired her.”

Milo quickly stated, “But I rehired her and told her that he was being a bit hard on her.”

I laughed quietly. “And what is her job?”

“Organize the files and go through them for incorrections,” Amilios answered.

“Okay. You think she deliberately, with stupidity, knew you weren’t ready for her to edit it and save it and transfer it?”

“No,” he answered.

I turned and gave him a patient smile. “I think you should put the things that you’re working on currently into a file that says: currently working on; then you can work from there and she’ll know not to touch and edit it.”

He gazed at me for a couple of long minutes before his body seemed to relax. “You’re right. Come here, my love.”

“What did you make, Lillian?” Milo questioned.

I embraced Amilios into a tight hug and laid my head on his chest. “I made some fajita mix but added some homemade sauce. I sent Mrs. Burrow home to go tend to her family. I figured if you wanted to eat it on the tortillas or not, you can.”

“It sounds good. Sorry about getting home late,” Milo replied.

“It’s Friday so I’ll get both of you all to myself for the next two days.”

“You sound very excited about that.”

Amilios remarked, “Is there something our queen should mention?”

I smirked. “Queen? Did I finally get a promotion?”

He kissed my head. “Possibly.”

“I’m starving,” Milo replied.

“Food’s in front of you, honey,” I smart assed.