Chapter 12

The hospital were owned by a non-profit organization and usually people came here to get a better service. The environment at the reception area of the hospital were peaceful. There were just a few people waiting for their turn to be called by the receptionists. A young couple were sitting on the bench while his wife was holding their baby. Some visitors were wandering along the hallway of the hospital.

My two pairs of hazelnut eyes were looking straight at the long hallway while walking past the reception area. I noticed James was standing tall in the middle of the hallway. I purposedly ignored him while walking past him at a slow pace.

"Hey wait!" The owner of the husky voice cleared his throat before he asked, "you're Amanda right?"

Should I greet him or run away? I felt so embarrassed because firstly he saw the awkward moment between Karl and me, secondly he caught me staring at him. Maybe I should greet him because I wanted to thank him. I sighed and turned around to face him. "Err, yeah, that's my name." I smiled weakly before putting my hair behind my ears.

He took a few steps forward before extending his right hand and gently shook my hand. "I'm James Patterson. We have met before at the university." He uttered gladly. "Do you still remember me?" He asked. How could I forget about him? I kept thinking about him since the day we bumped into each other.

James had a short wavy dark brown hair, a strong jawline, maybe almost the same height as Karl. He had dark brown eyes and they looked gorgeous. I returned from my thought and blurted out, "how can I forget about you?" Oh my! Did I just say that? I sound like a stalker. I might have scared him off and I felt embarrassed for the third time today.

"Maybe I look handsome on that day." He winked at me playfully. I would never say something like that because people might think that I was being over-confident about myself.

I smirked evilly before clutching my arms around my chest. "You're bold."

"I accept that as a praise." He proclaimed before putting his hands in his coat pockets. I always caught him doing the same gestures over and over again.

"It's good that we met again. I want to thank you for saving my dad's life." He just nodded. "If there's anything I can help you, you can just call my number." I extended my arm and firmly shook his hand.

As I tried to pull back my hand, he tightened his grip on my hand. I looked down at his hand then up at his seductive dark brown eyes."Is there any problem?" I said as crease formed on my brows.

James drew closer to me, whispered close to my ear. "I would love to get to know you." I felt an impish grin tugging at his lips. His words made my heart twist and shivers run down my whole body. The way he acts out in public with me makes me think that he's into me.

I chuckled softly as he slowly relaxed his grip, "can I trust you?" I asked hesitantly, shrugging my shoulders. I tried to play hard to get but I think I just made him think that I wasn't interested.

"Because I'm a man of my words. I owe you a drink right?" James smirked at me as he wiggled his eyebrows playfully. I couldn't believe that he still remembered for his words to buy me a drink. "Can I buy you a coffee? Tea? Anything?" He threw his hands up in despair. James treat me more like his girlfriend rather than his friend.

James tilted his head. "Is it a yes?" He murmured, gazing into my eyes. I didn't say anything but my eyes couldn't stop gazing into his eyes. I was surprised he didn't give up on me.

This guy made me feel special, he made me feel like nothing before, like I was one of a kind. I returned from my thought with a faint smile crossing my lips and said, "so what are we waiting for?"