Chapter 4

I was standing in front of the floor mirror in Karl's bedroom. I let my hair fall freely, wearing no makeup and I wore a Forever 21 sleeveless floral woven dress. All of a sudden, there were three knocks at the door.

"Did you take a shower? Do you fit the dress? Can I come in?" A familiar voice said.

"Yeah come in." I turned to face the door as the owner of the voice turned the doorknob and entered the room. Karl popped his head in.

"Hey." He sat on his bed and he looked at me without saying anything. His two pair of eyes didn't blink and it was staring at me up and down. I started to feel uncomfortable.

I smiled and waved my hand in front of his face. "Hello? Why are you looking at me like that? Weirdo."

"Oh, sorry. You- you look so beautiful." He stammered and smiled sweetly at me.

"Thanks! I really love it." I grinned at him and he grinned back at me.

"I didn't mean to be rude, but whose dress is this?" My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I sat next to him on the bed.

"It's my brother's fiancé dress. She's been living with us since we moved here." He replied.

"What?! Your brother already engaged? I didn't know that. When did he get engaged?" I was surprised. It had been so many years and a lot of things have changed.

"They got engaged a few months ago. They don't want to make it as a big issue and only a few people know about it." He said.

"Hey, wait a minute." He opened his mouth to continue his words. I hope that he won't ask anything about my brother. I didn't want to talk about it right now. We better talked about something else because I'm not in the mood to talk about my brother.

I cut off, "hey where is everyone? All of your family members weren't here since yesterday." I tried to change the topic and hopefully it worked.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. My brother and his fiancé went to New York to attend his friend's wedding. My parents went to the Middle East on a business trip. They want to open a new branch. They will be back to LA next week. " He exclaimed.

"Okay, let's stop all this. Can we have our breakfast now? I am so hungry." I pulled his hand and make he stood up. I blinked my eyes repeatedly and make a duck face.

"You know what, you look so ugly when you make that face." He burst out laughing.

"How dare you say something like that to me! Take back your words now!" I punched his stomach so hard and smirked evilly. I was merely pretending to be mad.

"Ah! That's hurt Amanda!" He yelled out in pain while touching his stomach. "Sometimes I don't whether you are a girl or a boy." We both kept laughing while heading to the dining room.

* * *

After we ate our breakfast, we took a walk around his house. The house was gated and surrounded by well-designed landscaping; wide plank white oak floors. The yard was perfect for those sunrises and sunset views. The views of the night city can be seen in front of the pool. The upstairs of this house had a special layout. Six huge bedrooms, luxurious bathroom and a balcony to enjoy the view. A fireplace beside the rectangular swimming pool and it was ideal for enjoying indoor and outdoor lifestyle for the whole year. It was built with a gymnasium, saltwater pool, a wet bar and built-in screening room sound system, camera security system with remote capabilities, a wine cellar to call home in the hills.

"By looking at all these things, I got some inspirations for my assignment." I told him as we walked beside the pool.

"Assignment? What course were you studying in the university?" He looked excited to know about it.

"I'm studying Bachelor in interior design. What about you, muscle man." I raised my eyebrows motioning his arm muscles.

"No, wait, let me guess, hmm maybe the future CEO in your family business?" I smirked while guessing his answer.

"Nahh, I'm studying degree in sport and recreation. I love sport. Sport is my passion, sport is my life, sport is everything to me and -" He blabbered non-stop.

"Blahblahblah oh shut up Karl! It's freaking annoying! You don't have to explain everything to me." I cut him off. I need to stop him before he blabbered on and on. Pity him, but I had to, sorry Karl.

I think that muscle really makes sense. He's studying sporting so he need that sexy body. I love men with packs because they looked smokin' hot!

"Karl, don't you have any class today?" I asked.

"Nope. I'm on my semester break right now. What about you? Oh wait, did you skip your class? He looked so serious.

"I'm going to kick your cute ass if you skip your class." He smirked.

"Easy man, I don't have any class today. You have no point to kick my cute ass." I pushed him away and ran as fast as I could.

"Come and catch me, if you can." I yelled while running around the yard.

"Ohh yeah, I will definitely kick those butt!" He yelled as he ran towards me.

"Hell yeah! You're so gonna love it!" I teased. Actually, I already get ready to kicked his ass and laughed as loud as I could.

As we ran, the cool breeze catches my hair and blew against my skin. I wish I could turn back time and be a kid again. Back then, Karl and I loved to play with other kids at the playground. Back to reality, there was no place for me to run and I need to turn around and run the opposite way. That means I need to face Karl.

"I got ya!" His soft hand grabbed my waist tightly. I had no chance to run away. We could feel our heartbeat clearly and it was so fast. We looked at each other and we didn't blink our eyes. I realized that I didn't close my mouth properly. I tried to close it, but somehow I couldn't and I don't know why. My face started to become hot like boiling water. My eyes felt like they were popping out of my head. We stood like a statue and I have no idea what just happened. He didn't let me go and hugged me tighter.

"Amanda" He whispered softly, the words barely audible. It seems like he was trying to say something to me.

"Amanda, I-" He sighed and stopped for a few seconds.

"Actually, I-" He stuttered again, struggling to say it.

Suddenly I felt my heart was pounding abnormal rhythm for no reason. Oh God, what happened to me? I never felt this before.