Chapter 8

I parked my car at the parking space that was reserved for university's student. I pressed the ignition button and hopped out of my car.

"Amanda! Amanda!" I heard voices called my name from a distance. One of the voices was so shrilled. I think I knew who's that voice belonged to, it must be her. I need to admitted I miss those voices even though we didn't meet for only a few days.

As I turned around, "babe, we miss you so much!" Claire yelled so loud at my left ear as she hugged me and almost caused temporary deafness. People who were walking by turned their gaze and looked at us in astonishment. I knew her since our first year in this university and that's her habit and she didn't care what would people say about it.

"Urgh! Claire! You and your scream!" I shouted in annoyance as I hit her shoulder. She always knew how to make people feel comfortable around her. Claire had an average height and a blonde hair. She always makes people laughed and no one will feel sad when she's around them.

"Hey, babe!" I carved a smile on my face as I greeted Laura. She was my second best friend and she's very polite, like really polite and a very nice person. She was born mixed Asian and American with blue eyes. She's one of the beautiful girls I have ever met.

Laura and I laughed with Claire's uncontrollable habits as we did a bear hug.

"Let's go to our first class guys!" I yelled out loud and I put my hands on their shoulders as we walked inside the huge building.

"Let's go ladies!" Claire added. Laura just nodded and giggled at our attitude.

We talked about many things that happened in our daily life. I didn't forget to tell them about the good news that I got on this morning. I couldn't wait to plan for my holiday with daddy.

* * *

Laura was standing in the middle while we were walking. I was on her left side and Claire was on her right side. We walked together along the zigzag hallway to our first class. Yeah it was a zigzag like an endless hallway because our university was freaking huge. We met some of our friends while heading to the class.

I groped my left hand in my handbag and tried to find my phone. My eyes were so focused on my handbag while looking for my phone.

"Ouch!" I think I accidentally bumped into something and it was hard like a stone. I rubbed my forehead with one hand as I fell on the floor. All of my stuffs was on the floor in all directions. Luckily I grabbed my phone and held it on my right hand when it happened.

"Oh my god!" I could hear Claire's voice as she put her hand on her mouth. She looked so shocked with what had just happened.

Laura was so shocked and shrieked my name, "Amanda!" while holding Claire's right wrist. They both were speechless.

"Oh I'm- I'm sorry." He stammered and it was an unfamiliar male voice. I didn't recognize his voice and it was definitely not one of my friends.

Who was he? I never seen him before. He looked too old to be one of the students and too young to be a lecturer. We met our eyes when he bent down and put his right hand on my shoulder. I turned my head and looked at his hand that was holding my shoulder. I was out of my thought when he asked, "are you okay?"

I rubbed my forehead with my bare hand as I rolled my eyes and turned my gaze on Claire and Laura. Both of my friends were so shocked with what had just happened. "Are you okay?" Laura held my shoulder and tried to rouse me up.

"I'm really sorry miss. It's my fault." He kept saying sorry to me. Actually it was not fully his fault.

"Are you blind?!" Claire wailed as she came closer to him.