Chapter 14

Three Weeks Later

We were having our last paper in the examination hall of the university. I've just finished writing my essay and sat silently while admiring the silence in the hall. I shot a glance at my watch showed that it was nearly five and I was bored to death. I shot Claire an anxious glance and pointed to my watch. Her seat was two rows to my right and I sat two seat behind Laura. She nodded in understanding before standing up to leave the hall.

I slowly screeched my chair as I stood up and left the answer paper on my table to be collected by the lecturer. I walked past Laura's table and gave her a signal by knocking slowly on her table that I doubt she could barely hear herself.

As we exited the hall, we felt an enormous burden was lifted off our shoulders. "Ladies, you know what?" Claire voiced out.

Laura and I looked in each other's eyes and nodded our heads to one another almost as if we knew what's Claire going to say.

"Freedom!" We squealed in unison and laughed at the top of our lungs.

"Shush." Our lecturer appeared and shushed us for talking too loud. "Be quiet ladies." She addded and everyone was looking at us as we walked away from the area.

As we walked to the parking area, Laura said with a sigh, glancing up at Claire and I. "Finally."

I grinned at the thought of my freedom. I have waited for this moment to happen for all my life. I thought for a moment and a weak smile formed as I said, "I still can't believe it that we really made it."

Claire's hand gently touched my shoulder. She mumbled, "believe it or not, we made it through good and bad times."

Laura nodded and smiled as a tear slid down her cheek. Claire and I gave Laura a biggest, warmest bear hug and she giggled in joyful.

* * *

To my surprise as I pulled up into the driveway of my house, there was an unfamiliar car parked in front of the house but there was no one in the car. As usual, I parked my Audi TT on the basement parking and Daddy's car was here too which was unusual for me.

"I'm home!" I shrieked as I carefully closed the door behind me. My brows furrowed in confusion when I heard someone talking, a distinctive female voice coming from the second floor.

I stood there for a moment while trying to get my senses together. I tilted my head up as my butler greeted me from the staircase with his angelic smile like how he greeted me every morning. "Welcome home, Miss Amanda."

He walked down the rest of the stairs while carrying a luggage in his hand. His action increased my curiousity even more than before.

I just realized that I was holding my breath as I opened my mouth to ask him, "whose bag is that?"

"Madam's bag." He answered nonchalantly.

"But why?" I asked completely confused. Actually I've got a weird feeling about this. My mind couldn't stop from guessing every possible reason that could happen right now and I assumed that she will be moving out of the house today.

"I have been informed that she will move out of the house today." He exclaimed.

My eyes opened widely and my jaw dropped as I heard it. I've been hoping that this day will happen and it is happening right now but I never expect that everything will happened today. My last day of degree life and Jenny's moving out issue.

My train of thought was interrupted by his playful teased. "Have anyone told you that you look cuter when you open your eyes widely?" My butler said before winking his eye.

His words made a smile formed on my lips. "Thank you for your confession. You always know how to make me smile." I mumbled sarcastically as I put my car keys on the foyer table.

I walked toward the stairs at a slow pace, looking at what lay ahead, and at times glancing upward to see whether they noticed my presence or not. I walked past the media room and tiptoed past their bedroom where they were having their conversation.

"Amanda." I almost made it to enter my bedroom when Daddy's voice echoed from their bedroom.

"Yes, daddy?" I popped my head around their bedroom door. I took a step inside and looked around properly, there were clothes everywhere and the shine of which has caught my eyes.

Jenny noticed my glance and glancing down to snatched it from being notice by Daddy. "Where did you get it?" I blurted out.

Daddy abruptly turned around to gaze on Jenny's face. His face showed total confusion and bewilderment as he asked, "get what? What is it?"

"I-I, I-uh, nothing." She stuttered with a crooked smile on her face.

Without thinking, I approached her and held out her hand which she clenched it tight. I used all of my energy and tried to unclenched her fist. "Give it to me!" I shouted at her for the first time since the last time we fought.

"N-No!" Jenny shouted back.

"Give it to me!" I shouted even more loudly.

"Let go of me!" She tried to escape by pushing me to the side but she failed. She tried again and this time she accidentally punched me in the face.

"Ahh!" I yelped as blood spewed out of my mouth before dropping to the ground. My head started to spin, and I had to close my eyes. I tried to open my eyes, but my eyelids felt like they were made of lead and refused to budge. I made an attempt to open my eyes again, but everything had become blurry.

Daddy was dumbfounded and panicked at the same time. He couldn't think right and quickly did what he could do to protect me.

"You?! How could you punch her?!" Daddy shrieked as he raised his hand and slapped Jenny hard in the face. He raised his hand again and slapped her at the same spot before opened his mouth to said, "this is for slapping my daughter on your last argument!"

He sat on the floor right after he slapped her. He touched his chest and struggled with his breathing. After a short silence, he turned to face me and his face darkened with anxiety. "Are you okay?" He asked under his breath.

Daddy and I turned our gaze and looked at Jenny in anger. She was crying silently on the floor and there were bruised on her face. "Here, take back you stupid ring." She threw the ring at us and ran out of the house.

My eyes were filled with tears as I looked at the ring. Suddenly every memories of mummy came across my mind. I couldn't control my emotion and burst out crying. Daddy came close to me and opened his arms to hug me but I pushed it away. "Dont. Just don't." I shook my head and sniffled.

Daddy tilted down his head while trying to gathered his words. He tried to hug me again but I quickly stood up and ran back to my bedroom.

I plopped my head on my pillow and said in a weak voice, "why? Why?" A hot tears slipped down my cheek. "How did she got that ring? It was supposed to be mummy's. How can I forget about the ring?"

There were so many questions running through my mind. I was crying myself to sleep hoping everything will be okay tomorrow.

* * *

Author's Note:

So how does it feel? Angry? Sad? Feel both at the same time? Haha I know it's quite thrill and I love it! Fyi, writing a fighting scene is my favourite.

Hit the STAR button if you like the fight and sad scene.

Hit the COMMENT button if you want to share your feeling about their emotion.

Btw, I would like to share my favourite story with you guys. It's called THE DREAM TICKET. You can read the synopsis of the story for more details.