Chapter Seven

Rejection

Grace

I was in over my head.

And that was probably the millionth time I'd repeated that to myself as we all piled into the van—and then, all hell broke loose as Solia ran out to greet us.

"You have a license?" She was pointing her finger at me.

I had a sick feeling I was about to be more chauffeur than intern. I wanted so desperately to shout, "I FAILED, ran into my neighbor's mailbox and ran over their dog Spike, who now has to use one of those little wheelchair things for his back legs to get around."

Instead, I nodded, glumly.

A day and a half in, and I was already experiencing all the regrets as every single guy went back to ignoring me, some were resting their eyes, others were on their phones.

Nobody looked at me, not even the one guy who had helped me—Rae.

"Here." Solia tossed me the keys. "You already have their schedule on your calendar, enter the address into your phone. Get them to their shoot as fast as possible. They're already a few minutes late, and we need this for promo."

"Okay." At least I was driving on the right side of the road, not the left. I could do this, follow directions, get them all there safe.

Grace to the rescue!

She shut the van door.

It was eerily quiet.

I mean I could hear myself breathing, and I'm sure they could too. With shaking hands. I typed in the address only to realize I probably could have clicked it from my calendar, and listened to the voice give me directions.

We were only a few minutes away from the shoot so I figured I wouldn't experience a ton of trauma.

I knew better than to think that in my head as I pulled into traffic and nearly sideswiped a delivery guy on his bike.

"Sorry!" I cringed.

Groans came from behind me and what I assumed were curse words directed at me in Korean.

I took a deep breath and stayed in the right-hand lane like the voice told me to. Oh shit, oh shit! "Is that a freeway!"

"Yes." Rae's one word answer.

I gripped the steering wheel and drove onto the on-ramp, praying that traffic wouldn't be terrifying. A huge truck honked his horn at me, then someone else followed suit. "Um, what's the speed limit? Am I doing this wrong?"

Rae cleared his throat. "It's in kilometers."

"But, but—" I looked down at my dash then up at the numbers, I was officially going slower than a turtle compared to everyone else. "Why not miles?"

He didn't answer.

I was going to assume this lack of answering had to do with his irritation with my inability to understand numbers.

I finally took the right exit only to have to slam on my brakes when the light turned red.

"Aghhhhh!" Sookie's yell came from the back.

"Mi-Chin nyeon!" Kai said at the same time.

A few things came sliding forward including Lucas from right behind me, I could see his glare in the rearview mirror as he shook his head in disgust.

Please, God, help the seatbelt not to have bruised his perfect skin.

"S-sorry," I mumbled. "I swear I can drive. It's just not like Seattle."