Chapter Twenty-Five

Music Video Drop Day—don't puke

Lucas

I was going to puke.

Between hiding things from Rae while also seeing the way he was so attentive to Grace behind the scenes of our live Twitter worldwide debut party, my nerves were completely shot.

I'd had at least four coffees already—not helpful.

My chest hurt.

And I couldn't figure out if it was because Rae was giving so much attention to Grace—or because the news had actually been somewhat kind to me today. I was currently the number two international trending topic on Twitter second only to our band being number one.

Move, our first video had already garnered close to ten million views in under a few hours. It was one of the top ten trending videos on YouTube. The highest we'd ever been on a single comeback video was two hundred million in twenty days.

This was already going to surpass that, according to our CEO, and since we were one of the first groups with this label before we hit it big, our manager was the CEO, which just made things even weirder—we were the first group he'd managed when he started his label. It was why he relied so heavily on Solia and other interns and why he was usually so involved and also why he was on set.

Scandal cleared, he looked a lot less stressed, wearing his black rimmed glasses, a light scarf, black jacket, and jeans. I swear CEO Siu was aging backward.

They finished setting everyone up with wireless mics—everyone but Rae. He finally said something that made Grace laugh before coming onto the stage and lifting up his shirt so staff could put the mic behind it.

I growled or made some sort of animalistic noise when his abs were on full display for Grace to see then wanted to laugh in triumph when she touched her neck exactly where I'd left a hickey last night.

She'd said she was cold this morning—thankfully, it was raining so the excuse worked as she wrapped a light scarf around her neck.

I smiled to myself.

Kai elbowed me. "If you keep growling and smiling, people are going to think you've been medicated."

I cleared my throat. "Sorry."

He sighed. "Tell me you actually went to bed last night."

"I went to bed." Just later than he thought I had.

Memories of the night before kept rushing to the forefront of my mind. Grace on her knees, me gritting my teeth, attempting not to make a fool out of myself and wondering if anything had ever felt so good in my entire life.

I nervously cleared my throat again. The last thing I needed was to be live for the world to see, sporting a boner.

Talk about scandal.

Kai elbowed me again.

"What?" I hissed.

"You like her?"

"No, I kiss every girl I see, it's kind of my thing now," I said with a heavy dose of sarcasm.

"She leaves soon you know." He just had to remind me.

"Not for another two months," I corrected him.

"Just be careful," he said under his breath. "Rae's close to her too."

"I know." I bit down on my tongue to keep from saying anything more. "But they're just friends."

"She knows that. You know that. Does he know that?" Kai asked under his breath.