10 - Grayson.

"I hear we're getting a new Chemistry teacher," Darwin announced that morning as we walked to the library. Most of the seniors had the first hour and a half free and decided to go chill in the man cave.

"Mr George was hardly any use so good riddance," Xenon said as he placed his back on the couch and headed for the fridge. "Beer?"

I shook my head and took a seat next to Tyme.

"I'm going to miss him; he was a cool teacher. Instead of quizzes he'd let us watch Youtube videos the whole lesson," Nito sighed as he threw himself on the other couch.

"And that's exactly why he got fired," Marcus said as he drank his beer and attempted to switch on the television. "Dammit! Janitors not in yet to turn on the generator for the television."

"That's okay, we can play a game." Darwin suggested.

"Ugh, can't we just sleep?" Nito asked. "Blayze can come cuddle with me."

I frowned at him and scoffed, my attention going back to Tyme. He sat quietly typing on his phone, lost in his own world.

"Game doesn't sound so bad. We could play never have I ever." Marcus said.

"A game? You want to play a game. Today? Right now? A game?" Tyme spoke up. "They'll be plenty of time to do that when we leave tomorrow, but right now you should be packing."

The guys all went quiet and looked at him. "We can't be here tomorrow," he went on.

"What is he talking about?" I asked. They all blinked awkwardly and attempted to answer the question. "He's crazy. I told you that. The meds take a long time to work." Xenon finally answered.

Tyme scoffed and shook his head with a smile. "You actually believe I'm crazy? They're planning on leaving you here alone." He said towards me before mumbling a string of words under his breathe.

I looked at the guys who were just as confused. "What is he saying? Xenon what is Tyme talking about?"

"Goddammit Tyme," Xenon whispered. "He's just not being himself Blayze, don't listen to him."

As though the situation couldn't possibly get more complicated a loud knock on the door announced the arrival of a new boy.

"Grayson!" screamed Darwin with excitement, standing to go hug him. The new boy was tall with hair darker than Marcus'. The long sleeved t-shirt he had on clung tightly to his muscles, which  flexed as he hugged each of the guys. He had dark eyes, though I couldn't quite see their shade from where I sat and creamy olive skin similar to how a beach boys would look at the beginning of Winter.

The rest of the boys also stood and went over to welcome him and while they did, I swiped one of Tyme's pills from the table and hid it in my blouse pocket.. It would be essential for testing later on.

"Who's that?" I heard him whisper. His accent had a British twang to it, but not quite.

"My girlfriend." Nito answered. I swear almost threw a remote at him but resisted the urge.

"How the hell did you score that?" Grayson asked.

"He didn't. Blayze," Xenon called out. I stood up and walked over to them. "This is our close friend, Grayson. Grayson meet Blayze, the school's first female student."

"Ah, nice meeting you, Blayze." He said with a slight bow. I found it charming and it annoyed me extremely.

"Feelings mutual." I replied.

"So how was the trip?" Xenon asked him.

"Same old, same old. How are you doing Tyme?" he said grabbing a beer from the fridge.

"I don't see the point of you coming back. We could have just met at the spot tomorrow." Tyme replied. Everyone groaned as they sat down.

"Powers back on." Marcus announced as he switched on the television.

"Can we watch Teen Titans for the last time?" Tyme asked, Marcus sighed but switched to Cartoon Network nonetheless.

"What's going on tomorrow?" I whispered to him.

"Shh, Teen Titans is on," he whispered back with a cheesy smile. I mentally punched the wall and sighed. Guess I'd have to catch him later on.

During lunch I took the pill down to Valak and we went together to get it tested in the laboratory.

"It's unlike anything we've come across," marveled Lotus. He was one of the lead scientists at the Agency under the medical department. He took another look at it through the magnifying glass. The pill was a soft lime colour with tiny crystals embedded into the capsule. The inside had a powder but in fear of breaking the capsule and losing the components Lotus hadn't dared to open it.

"Where did you get this?"

"None of your concern," Valak answered sharply. "How long will it take to get it tested?"

"Weeks, maybe even months. I have absolutely no idea what it is." He shook his head and out it under a microscope instead.

"We don't have much time." I protested.

"There's some scientists I know in the British Agency who'd be thrilled to take a look, I could call in a favor if you like."

"Unfortunately no one else can know about this."

"V, my hands are tied. If you're chasing the clock I don't think you have much of an option," he explained.

"Fine. I'm giving you a day. Have it done," she demanded then twisted on her sharp heel and walked out. I followed her to the car and once inside, I told her about the new boy I'd met earlier, Grayson.

"Oh. Is he a suspect?" she asked.

"He's their friend. I'm still trying to find out what his deal is, so I guess that makes him a suspect," I said.

She sighed. "Is he cute?"

"He has proportional facial and physical features, with a little extra jaw, if that's what you're asking. But I thought I should let you know so you can do a background check on him as well,"

Valak nodded. "B92, there's a reason why I chose you specifically for this mission."

"Because you're trying to keep me from becoming a crazy killer?"

"There's that, of course. But, there's also the aspect of you experiencing a life outside the Agency. I saw this as an opportunity for you to mingle and engage with normal kids."

"Boys, you mean."

"You didn't seem a fan of having girl friends since the day we met."

I didn't reply because I knew she was right. I hardly ever had anything in common with the other girls at school but one week at the Academy and I'd found a few quirks I actually enjoyed from the boys.

"I want you to experience life the normal way... possibly do something besides the mission- or someone," she smirked.

"Careful sister Valak, your horns are showing," I muttered.

She chuckled lightly and slowed down as we approached the school's large gates. "Pull over, I'm going to walk the rest of the way."

"Call me if there's anything on that pill," I said through the window, she nodded and drove off.

Okay. 'Tyme' to get some answers.