13-'Back in the day' Mentality.

"That means we have more time

"That means we have more time." Valak marvelled clasping her hands together with a smile and heaving a sigh of relief. "I'd already called for the jets to get us out of here because I thought the whole city was about to blow up, I'll have Walker cancel it," she said to herself before turning to us. "How far along are you on the suspect?"

I shook my head. "Not close, I'm afraid. If these are the guys, they are pretty good at hiding their secrets."

"I assume Trent has informed you that your friend Grayson is a ghost on the net?"

I nodded.

"What do you intend on doing about that?" she asked curiously.

I rolled my eyes. "He can wait. Can we please concentrate on Tyme? What's his deal?"

Valak stood and went to her special whiskey alter to pour herself a glass. Today she'd tried to respect the dress code in her long black curtain dress that had a large slit down the middle. Though she refused to shield her fiery red hair with a vale.

"We're still not sure, Lotus is taking his sweet time. I suspect it to be something, but I shan't jump to any conclusions."

"What do you mean by that, Valak?" I asked her.

She shook her head gently. "Let's wait until we're sure. You need is to find a way into that lab. Whatever is happening down there could be putting your little friends in extreme danger."

"'Friends' is a bit of a stretch don't you think?" I retorted. But she had a point, this weekend would have been the perfect time to check out the lab with the boys away; too bad we had to go with them.

"Aren't you lot going camping together this weekend? I figure that's what friends do," Valak said.

"She has a point," Trent agreed.

"Whatever." I stood up and grabbed the camping kits Valak had gotten for us. "I'll be in the car."

"Have fun," she sing-sang as I walked out the door. Crazy woman.

Camping.

The one place I was allowed to bring my knives without looking like a complete psycho. I was extremely over joyed to have a blade back in my hands and not have to hide it from anyone, it was a comfort I greatly appreciated.

"Careful. You might cut yourself." I knew that voice like the back of my hand but chose to ignore it.

Instead I concentrated on sharpening my blade. We'd probably need it to catch food. If it was that type of camp. Back when I was twelve the only type of camping, we had was being kidnapped in our sleep and placed in the middle of nowhere for three days, with nothing but a knife.

If you didn't make it out you better prepare yourself for a much worse destination the next time, they took you.

I felt Grayson take a seat next to me. "You alright? You seem a bit tense."