16- Wine me, Dine me...

He was definitely the culprit we were looking for, there was no mistaking those fleet-footed moves he'd just performed on our race back to camp

He was definitely the culprit we were looking for, there was no mistaking those fleet-footed moves he'd just performed on our race back to camp. He wasn't even trying to hide it, which led me to believe this was all a part of his game.

One would think that after coming to the conclusion that this boy was my target I'd stop being so fascinated by his being; but I wasn't. It just made me more curious. I wanted to know who he was, what he was. With moves like that, he had to be some sort of assassin or military based agent. He had to have been trained, just like me. Perhaps that's why I felt so drawn to him, something told me he was familiar with my world; and to have that in common with a person of interest was a luxury very few agents ever got.

"Instead of standing there observing, you could come join me," Grayson suggested as he swam around in the clear lake. It was much bigger than the one everyone had been in, in the morning, but further from camp. By moonlight, the water looked like a dark oily liquid with streaks of sparkly white created by the reflection of the stars and the half moon itself.

"I'm here to talk," I answered as I stood by the edge, my boots pressing down the shrubs beneath them.

"Can you do it in here?" he asked as he continued to jump around in the water and swish his hands around playfully.

"No, I..."

"Then I can't help you with anything," he cut in. Nature's orchestra - which consisted of a burbling waterfall at the far end of the lake, the creaking of cicada's and the rustle of leaves, filled the silence that had settled densely between us.

"I just want to know why you took it," I continued.

"Took what?"

"Come on, Grayson. This isn't a game anymore."

"Just come inside the water and I'll tell you everything you want to know."

"Why do I have to be in there with you?" I asked, my face twisted in annoyance.

"Because I don't trust you not to be wearing a wire." 

Smart.

"I'll turn around until you get in," he said as he did.

I waited a few seconds and sighed annoyingly. The actions I'd subjected myself into doing were far worse than pulling a trigger. Up until now I believed somewhere deep down I had the patience necessary to complete this mission without killing someone; but Grayson was quickly stepping on my last nerve.

I took off my coat and tights, then peeled off my black vest so that I only had a sports bra and underwear on. Dipping one foot into the water, which felt quite warm compared to what I'd expected, I slowly inched my way in. I was careful not to wet my hair which had a recorder designed as a pin.

"Okay, now turn around and speak." I commanded once I was in.

"Have I told you how persistent you are?" he asked as he came towards me. I backed away. "Relax. I won't drown you,"