20 - Cranky Nights.

"Trent!" I called for the billionth time

It was around one in the morning and I'd finished perfecting the final pieces of my plan. We were going to break into the lab.

With a loud breath I rolled my eyes and shoved the door open. He was fast asleep. Curled up in a ball of sheets and blankets.

"Get the hell up!" I snapped. I'd been standing out there for almost twenty minutes since the time he told me he was getting dressed.

"I'm dressing," he mumbled. I picked up on of the pillows and whacked him on the head. "Ow!" he exclaimed as he sat up, simultaneously rubbing his ear. "Fine! I'm up!" he cried. I threw the pillow on the floor and headed for the door.

"Hurry. We need to be in and out in thirty."

"What's the plan?" he asked as he grabbed his black jeans. I turned to face him.

"If you'd been attentive during the briefing you'd know."

" Break in?"

"No. Waltz through the door and confidently announce that we want to search their lab." I shot back sarcastically.

"There's motion sensors and lasers all over the place. Not to mention the cameras, the fingerprint recognition AND the bot flies they got on every corner." I frowned. I hadn't thought it was that guarded. "You'd have noticed if you weren't so busy with Grayson," he mumbled under his breath.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Don't you see what's happening here? Whether he knows it or not, Grayson has become a distraction. I admit I pushed you to have a bit of fun but you're starting to forget that none of this is real life B92."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are and this whole situation with Grayson is getting out of hand."

"I can't let him get caught, I don't know what he'll say if he is-"

"And you think continuing to fuck him is the solution?" he retorted.

"G69 I'm just trying to do my job."

"Since when is your job playing mortal combat the entire day, missing lessons, driving on the highway like a hooligan? It's like you want us to get caught!" His voice rose as he finished his sentence. He scoffed and shook his head as he tied his shoe laces. "You've become so sloppy B92."

"You told me to become more human, to blend in. I am following orders..."

"Breaking the rules is not following orders," he clarified.

"Do you really want to argue about rule breaking right before breaking into someone's residence?" I asked and he fell silent. "Didn't think so. I'll be in the car."

I stormed out of the room before my rage got the best of me and remained silent the whole way to Xenon's house. I didn't know what I hated more; Trent or the fact that a small part of me knew he'd hit the nail on the head.